We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Christopher Ward

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Christopher Ward

Post by whoagorgeous »

Post your reviews here. Thanks.
===================
I know there are tons of love and hate for Christopher Ward here, especially with the discounts we find.
This is just my experience I wanted to share and perhaps, warn others what to expect. I don't have FB or reddit, or visit WUS, that much to search for related reviews since I'm on here majority of the time so it would make sense that we should have one here.
I've also tend to flip (move) these alot more quickly than many others. I don't know. Their sizing is a bit off... Ymmv
====================
My experiences:
- I have purchased a total of 5 of their watches throughout the years. Even on my very first order, there was a problem. I was charged (it went through; not a pending) and a week or two went by and I didn't hear a bleep outta them. Sent them multiple inquiries and they turned a cold shoulder. After filing a dispute, they responded immediately (roll eyes) and after giving them a piece of my mind, the watch arrived shortly after. It was a purchased for my father's bday but obviously, it didn't arrive in time.

- Next order. I received an email confirmation and the watch arrived 2-3 weeks. Yup.... 2-3 weeks.
- I'll let it slide.

- Next order. My mistake of ordering two watches together. Luckily, I wasn't charged any import duties. Both watch arrived in 2-3 days. Yup. Makes no sense but I'll take this fresh air for once.

- Next order. (current ordeal) I purchased a C65 Diver in January 2020 at their Half Off selection. Watch came 2-3 days. Time for a test run. Next day or two, been noticing something was wrong with the movement. After asking you guys, I decided to send it back to them for repair. I sent it back the following week. Barely had it in my possession for a few days.
- it took them over two weeks to confirm the watch was back with them although the package was already delivered back with them???? They said it was some bulk shipping services they used to save money or something. Initial start of getting upset but I remain calm.
- fast forward to Feb. I get no response. After numerous emails, I get contact. Normally I was in contact with an assigned person who apparently only works 3days a week there. Said that the watch was in queue and will get prioritized/expedited repair of only 4-6 weeks. Yup....
- fast forward March. I sent more emails asking for updates. Cold shoulders as usual. Then I get response from another rep. Told me what I was told in Feb and I was in queue for their standard repair time. Wtf....
- I get another email yet from another rep. Now, situation has escalated because of the covid19 and what you would imagine. But she promised that my watch had priority still and would get it done soon.
- "Soon" came and same rep said now, it would have to go through Quality Control.
- A day later, I get an email from my original rep, telling me my watch was still in queue and they haven't even touched it. Now, tells me that delays are expected and I'm given the "another" 4-6 weeks. Wtf?
- Today, I get some fancy official long response from another rep stating their current situation with covid19 and how they were only at 15% of their working capacity. My watch hasn't been repaired and now, she offered to return the broken watch back to me and maybe have it repaired at another time.
- LOL

-Currently asking for a refund. I will update once I get them to respond. Remember, I barely had it for a few days in January. This is how a returning customer gets treated.
- I still see they have the capability of fulfilling orders at the moment.
===================
Side note. I understand their value proposition in their watches. I've purchased 5. Just be prepared.
YMMV.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Re: Christopher Ward

Post by mplsabdullah »

What was wrong with the movement?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I find I keep looking at CW, but never quite get myself to pull the trigger.
They make some nice looking dress watches (my preference), and when they make it to half price/nearly new clearance, it becomes even more tempting.

Just not sure why I haven't taken the plunge.
It's not the logo fluctuation. Admittedly, I do like the 9 positioning for the name given the rest I've seen.

I may add one to the collection, but who knows?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

mplsabdullah wrote:What was wrong with the movement?

I couldn't wind it pass a few rotations. The crown would completely lock.

My other C65 Retro Diver with the same movement had no problems so I knew something was off.

They (cward) confirmed that there was something wrong with the watch when they initially inspected the watch. They didn't give me any details as to why it was "broken" so I can't give you any specifics.

VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:49 pm I find I keep looking at CW, but never quite get myself to pull the trigger.
They make some nice looking dress watches (my preference), and when they make it to half price/nearly new clearance, it becomes even more tempting.

Just not sure why I haven't taken the plunge.
It's not the logo fluctuation. Admittedly, I do like the 9 positioning for the name given the rest I've seen.

I may add one to the collection, but who knows?
To me, I have the same feeling. I keep on monitoring, am tempted every time when half prices are offered. But didn't pull the trigger. I did buy a strap tough. I do like their designs. The logo is a bit off, but not a big problem to me.

Maybe they offer discounts too frequently, so that I feel no urgency to buy as I expect chances to come shortly. I just think I can just wait.
Bergbergs
MoT Member

Post by Bergbergs »

I have one Christopher Ward watch from before their sans-serif rebrand. It is a quartz Trident 300 38mm, blue dial w/ blue bezel on blue leather (never changed the strap). A lovely little watch, it became one of my go-tos whenever I wore an outfit that matched it. Unfortunately something went wrong with the movement shortly before COVID-19 hit, which is a bit disappointing for a watch that's just a couple of years old and has been treated relatively delicately. I haven't been able to make it to a shop to get it repaired. I believe it's a Ronda quartz so I planned on taking it to a local shop instead of shipping it back to ChW. Tried 3 fresh batteries before I finally gave up and admitted it needs to go in. I believe it's a Ronda quartz so I planned on taking it to a local shop instead of shipping it back to ChW. I'll edit this post with pics of my currently dead watch shortly.

I'm hoping for a better experience with the Sandhurst Chronometer I have on the way though, if it makes it here with everything going on :). At the very least it will be my first auto from ChW.

ImageImage
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I hate this for you. I am wearing one of their Tridents today and I was just thinking that I see another CW in my future at some point. Granted, my only interaction with them has been purchasing and receiving one watch and one additional bracelet, but your experience has been that they cannot get out of their own way.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I hope everyone who recently got theirs during the flash sales don't run into any problems. And get to enjoy their watches.

It's been two weeks since my last email and I'm still in the dark.

At this point, I'll pretend I lost $350 at the black jack table.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Very disappointed to read your experience in dealing with CW. I'm one of those on the sidelines who may decide to get one at half price with currency conversion discount, mainly due to the great reviews. I figure I can always flip to get my money out in the event I don't like it.

Something I found rather odd is their slow loading website. I'm all for cutting costs in order to be able to provide a product at a lower, more competitive price, but this smacks of penny wise dollar foolish.
Don't like their gimmicky sales either, especially the current one, and old product continuing to show up in limited sales.

Thanks for the heads up, good to know. Keep at it, seems they are more responsive when you turn up the heat. Get a contact to a higher up. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Just an update.

My last email response was the usual, we don't know when your watch will be fixed because of covid19. on April 20, 2020.

I use an app called Slice that tracks all my shipments/orders.
I got a random surprised saying that they have processed and/or shipped something to me.

The reason I said "something" is because I didn't receive any email update. But I'll be happy if it's actually my watch that they fixed.

Or maybe they decided to give me a brand new watch. :roll:
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

whoagorgeous wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:56 pm Just an update.

My last email response was the usual, we don't know when your watch will be fixed because of covid19. on April 20, 2020.

I use an app called Slice that tracks all my shipments/orders.
I got a random surprised saying that they have processed and/or shipped something to me.

The reason I said "something" is because I didn't receive any email update. But I'll be happy if it's actually my watch that they fixed.

Or maybe they decided to give me a brand new watch. :roll:
My fingers are crossed for you!
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Welp, it's finally back home. I didn't even receive an email from Christopher Ward; just from DHL alert.

There was an invoice inside for the repair, of course it was covered but was pretty expensive. 165 Pound.

Anyways, will be seeing how it performs. Either way, it's not going back to them that's for sure.

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I wore this for a few hours yesterday, from noon til 5 - relaxing in the house. Was working fine on wrist, minus the clicky crown action - which by now, idgaf anymore.

Right now, it's 12:20am Sunday.

Watch has stopped dead, in the watch box.

I've already accounted for a ~$370 lost and will move on. Just wanted to share this experience. Take it for what it's worth.

mleok
MoT Member

Post by mleok »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:23 am I wore this for a few hours yesterday, from noon til 5 - relaxing in the house. Was working fine on wrist, minus the clicky crown action - which by now, idgaf anymore.

I've already accounted for a ~$370 lost and will move on. Just wanted to share this experience. Take it for what it's worth.

Sorry to hear about the issue with the watch, but I'm trying to understand the timeline here, you wore it on Saturday from 12pm to 5pm, and it was working fine, and it's 12:20am on Sunday when you took the photo, but the watch is stopped at 3:48 AM/PM? I'm not quite sure how that could happen unless the watch stopped while you were wearing it, it's actually 12:20pm on Sunday when you took the photo, or the watch ran over 3 hours fast before it stopped? Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, did you wind the watch before wearing it for 5 hours relaxing in the house?
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

mleok wrote:
whoagorgeous wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:23 am I wore this for a few hours yesterday, from noon til 5 - relaxing in the house. Was working fine on wrist, minus the clicky crown action - which by now, idgaf anymore.

Sorry to hear about the issue with the watch, but I'm trying to understand the timeline here, you wore it on Saturday from 12pm to 5pm, and it was working fine, and it's 12:20am on Sunday when you took the photo, but the watch is stopped at 3:48 AM/PM? I'm not quite sure how that could happen unless the watch stopped while you were wearing it, it's actually 12:20pm on Sunday when you took the photo, or the watch ran over 3 hours fast before it stopped? Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, did you wind the watch before wearing it for 5 hours relaxing in the house?
I realized my mistake and confusion. I let my anger get the best of me. I forgot I had worn my Sinn instead (after initially putting on the cward, I decided to swap it out)

I will continue to monitor the watch and report back later, on the power reserve. The crown action is still clicky AF.