Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
cairoanan
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by cairoanan »

Skippy18 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 pm Here are some unique watches that I think are a hell of a deal. I recently purchased a Dreyfuss dress watch with a Claro movement. I know it's not the most respected movement, but it seems to be working great, which led me to search for other watches with the same movement. I guess Claro made some of their own models with this movement. I really liked the styling and they were only $79 each on the website I found. I decided it wasn't much of a risk for the price so I ordered them on Monday morning and they arrived in 3 days via FedEx from Hong Kong. Not perfect watches, but great styling for the price. K1 mineral crystal, not much lume, and only 50m WR, but they are beautiful! Here are some pics and a link to the website, which I think is the owner of Claro.
https://boutiquevonburg.com/collections/claro
claro-1003-03-a_3_900x.jpg
That top one is a nice looking homage to the Rado Diastar diver. Still kicking myself for not picking one of these up like 5 years. They were going for like 400 bucks at ashford.
Attachments
4F5AEF8D-293E-4F23-B2D5-4E802AA851FD.jpeg
4F5AEF8D-293E-4F23-B2D5-4E802AA851FD.jpeg (66.23 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

If you're interested in a Junghans Form A automatic, you may want to check out Serious Watches. Especially for US buyers where VAT is removed.

Junghans Form A Matte Silver Dial Automatic on leather strap, model # 027/4734.00
Sale price is €589
Without VAT = €486.78, roughly $546.11
List price is $995

https://www.seriouswatches.com/collecti ... 27-4734-00

Junghans Form A Matte Taupe Dial Automatic on leather strap, model # 027/4832.00
Sale price is €599
Without VAT = €495.04, roughly $555.48
List price is $995

https://www.seriouswatches.com/collecti ... 27-4832-00

Junghans Form A Matte Taupe Dial Automatic on mesh bracelet, model # 027/4836.44
Sale price is €599
List price is $1,195

https://www.seriouswatches.com/collecti ... 27-4836-44

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
DaNewNew
MoT Member

Post by DaNewNew »

^^
Yup that was the era of dirt cheap Rado, before the comeback run that they've had since that dragged up prices across the board including second hand. My big regret of a few years ago was not picking up a JeanRichard hokusai despite having the chance at only like $450 and change back during the last truly massive AD sales that I can remember. Hell people were getting terrascopes for low $300s, crazy to look back at that now. Honestly I feel like that was sort of an end to the era of utterly amazing online seasonal sales being the norm, manufacturers totally cracked the whip and got the sites to stop dropping prices so low on most of the brands that used to be sale staples.
Nolmel
MoT Member

Post by Nolmel »

DaNewNew wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:19 pm ^^
Yup that was the era of dirt cheap Rado, before the comeback run that they've had since that dragged up prices across the board including second hand. My big regret of a few years ago was not picking up a JeanRichard hokusai despite having the chance at only like $450 and change back during the last truly massive AD sales that I can remember. Hell people were getting terrascopes for low $300s, crazy to look back at that now. Honestly I feel like that was sort of an end to the era of utterly amazing online seasonal sales being the norm, manufacturers totally cracked the whip and got the sites to stop dropping prices so low on most of the brands that used to be sale staples.
Terrascopes that cheap would be a dream. I ended up paying about $1200aud for mine although it was GMT and on bracelet. I just didn't have the cash for a hokusai at the time but would have loved one.
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

Nolmel wrote:
Terrascopes that cheap would be a dream. I ended up paying about $1200aud for mine although it was GMT and on bracelet. I just didn't have the cash for a hokusai at the time but would have loved one.
I paid $650 for my Hokusai. Never knew they went so low.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:15 pm If you're interested in a Junghans Form A automatic, you may want to check out Serious Watches. Especially for US buyers where VAT is removed.

Junghans Form A Matte Silver Dial Automatic on leather strap, model # 027/4734.00
Sale price is €589
Without VAT = €486.78, roughly $546.11
List price is $995

https://www.seriouswatches.com/collecti ... 27-4734-00

Junghans Form A Matte Taupe Dial Automatic on leather strap, model # 027/4832.00
Sale price is €599
List price is $995

https://www.seriouswatches.com/collecti ... 27-4832-00

Junghans Form A Matte Taupe Dial Automatic on mesh bracelet, model # 027/4836.44
Sale price is €599
List price is $1,195

https://www.seriouswatches.com/collecti ... 27-4836-44

Thank you for sharing, [mention]TheJohnP[/mention]! Great find. They have a lot of Junghans on sale!! I am thinking interested parties may want to reach out to River Edge Jewelers also, given they are a forum partner and friend, as well as an AD. *wink wink* Maybe it's finally time for me to get a Mega Solar? :?:

I see they have discounted several LeJour models. I have not price-checked against Bernhardt but our European friends might wish to check them out.
DrChimRichalds
MoT Member

Post by DrChimRichalds »

For those that may have missed it, that sporty Alpina Alpiner 4 is still on sale at Amazon for 439.99. It's big though at 45mm

91zs1QBe9BL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

Skippy18 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 pm Here are some unique watches that I think are a hell of a deal. I recently purchased a Dreyfuss dress watch with a Claro movement. I know it's not the most respected movement, but it seems to be working great, which led me to search for other watches with the same movement. I guess Claro made some of their own models with this movement. I really liked the styling and they were only $79 each on the website I found. I decided it wasn't much of a risk for the price so I ordered them on Monday morning and they arrived in 3 days via FedEx from Hong Kong. Not perfect watches, but great styling for the price. K1 mineral crystal, not much lume, and only 50m WR, but they are beautiful! Here are some pics and a link to the website, which I think is the owner of Claro.
wow.. its nice … especially the below which is oos
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

cairoanan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:41 pm
That top one is a nice looking homage to the Rado Diastar diver. Still kicking myself for not picking one of these up like 5 years. They were going for like 400 bucks at ashford.
wow.. this is even better ….. never knew that there was such a nice and colorful Rado
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

I dont know the Hokusai went so low. My big regret was not fast enough when it was at around 700-800. They were gone in a minute. It happened twice they were gone while i was checking out for payment. I got my three hand terrascope at around 800. I should got a 1681 at around 1K too.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

A budget way to try out the Rado Dystar style.
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

A few more added to the Christopher Ward 30% off sale;

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/event ... early-new3

Eg:
C1 Moonglow - Nearly New
Milanese strap
£1,725 reduced to £1,207.50
Last edited by WPybus on Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
frog1996
MoT Member

Post by frog1996 »

DrChimRichalds wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 am For those that may have missed it, that sporty Alpina Alpiner 4 is still on sale at Amazon for 439.99. It's big though at 45mm

91zs1QBe9BL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
Love mine...awesome lume. I purchased at this same price...doesn't wear big.
ivo p
MoT Member

Post by ivo p »

VCheng wrote:
I dont know the Hokusai went so low. My big regret was not fast enough when it was at around 700-800. They were gone in a minute. It happened twice they were gone while i was checking out for payment. I got my three hand terrascope at around 800. I should got a 1681 at around 1K too.
NAD
Mine was 649,
however it is still with my watchmaker to try to do a magic and align the bezel.
He is reluctant to try it but I am killing him with my patience- sitting 1 year with him. :)
TwoSecondsPerDay
MoT Member

Post by TwoSecondsPerDay »

https://boutiquevonburg.com/collections ... atic-watch
At $174, this is interesting to me. Is Claro a Chinese copycat movement?