Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by tommy_boy »

nicegator wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:01 pm
Rocat wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:48 pm
TayTay wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:28 pm I had not seen this colour before and remembered some people being into the lighter blue dials on other deals, so...

Same old 40% off with code "deep" at checkout makes this one about $149 on rubber strap.

DIVER 1000 II 40MM AUTOMATIC DIVER BLACK CERAMIC BEZEL – ICE BLUE DIAL
https://www.deepbluewatches.com/di10ii40audi96.html

40mm width, 49mm Lug to Lug, 15mm thick
1000FT/330M Water resistant
316L Stainless Steel Case
CERAMIC LUMINOUS Unidirectional 120 click Bezel
Screw down crown and Case back
Caliber Seiko NH 35 Automatic Movement
21,600 VPH 24 Jewels with Date
Sapphire Crystal, AR coated - Scratch resistant
Superluminova Hour markers and hands
Helium Release valve 10 oclock position
Exhibition Case Back , Custom Designed Rotor w/ Deep Blue Logo
22mm Custom Design Soft Silicon Strap

Also, here is a pic that appears to be the 44mm dial layout, but I don't think they offer this colour in 44mm, so I'm bit confused. Maybe it is sold out or coming soon. The colour in this pic is much nicer, so hopefully it is better representation of how it looks in real life. No promises though!

Let me help you out there Tay Tay,

This is my 40mm version. They do have a 44mm version but it is sold out. I've had enough of these to know that I prefer the 40mm version. They fixed a few things on this watch that I did not like on the 44mm versions. I decided to take a few pictures for you. This is after a storm blew through and around 730pm. The dial color is great and the lume has improved over the older Mk1 M1000's.

IMG_3073.JPGIMG_3076.JPGIMG_3080.JPGIMG_3075.JPG
This watch wears big too, so 40 mm wears more like 42mm.
Last edited by tommy_boy on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Fuzzysquid
MoT Member

Post by Fuzzysquid »

valuewatchguy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:35 amNew Seiko SPB149 LE - $1267 EDIT PRICE HAS JUMPED TO $1399
https://www.ippojapanwatch.com/collecti ... ch-sbdc107
This is the best price I have seen on this LE model. This is a 5500 piece LE so not that limited. I wouldnt buy if you are speculating the price to rise. It might take years to do that. My SLA017 was 2500 hundred pieces and now 2 years later it finally has started to appreciate. That being said the blue LE looks awesome!
What was the price prior to it going back up? I have a deposit down for one of these but they’re going charge full retail undoubtedly, and I’m feeling less and less like these will be hard to get.

EDIT: never mind I see it now, was just hard to make out in your post...
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

Fuzzysquid wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 pm
valuewatchguy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:35 amNew Seiko SPB149 LE - $1267 EDIT PRICE HAS JUMPED TO $1399
This is the best price I have seen on this LE model. This is a 5500 piece LE so not that limited. I wouldnt buy if you are speculating the price to rise. It might take years to do that. My SLA017 was 2500 hundred pieces and now 2 years later it finally has started to appreciate. That being said the blue LE looks awesome!
What was the price prior to it going back up? I have a deposit down for one of these but they’re going charge full retail undoubtedly, and I’m feeling less and less like these will be hard to get.

Why a deposit? The system let me checkout right away before the price jump? 5500 pieces is A LOT but people have been waiting for a smaller Seiko diver for A LONG TIME. So there is a lot of pent up demand. My suspicion is that 90% of these get snatched up quickly. The other 10% (~500 pieces) take a couple of years to sell out.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
Fuzzysquid
MoT Member

Post by Fuzzysquid »

valuewatchguy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Why a deposit? The system let me checkout right away before the price jump? 5500 pieces is A LOT but people have been waiting for a smaller Seiko diver for A LONG TIME. So there is a lot of pent up demand. My suspicion is that 90% of these get snatched up quickly. The other 10% (~500 pieces) take a couple of years to sell out.
Oh I wasn’t talking about your link; I put a deposit down with an AD when they were first announced.
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

This has been covered in the Kickstarter subforum, but I wanted to do a shout out here.
Mercer Nomad GMT. 40.5mm, with a Soprod GMT movement. Couple of lower tier price reservations available now at $449, or buy two for $750. Seems like a really good deal for a gmt with a Swiss movement from a well established micro.
They don't do a while lot of marketing so I feel like their watches often fly under the radar. (Though they're talking about a long lead time... Shipping in December)

There have been hiccups in this model's launch, and they're still short about $20k on their goal with about 20 days to go.
Screenshot_20200627-064450_Kickstarter.jpg
Screenshot_20200627-064511_Kickstarter.jpg
Screenshot_20200627-064834_Kickstarter.jpg
They're toying with other dial colors too. I'd be in if the yellow was on offer. I'm still tempted.
Screenshot_20200627-064603_Kickstarter.jpg
The Nomad GMT watch, via @Kickstarter
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
Bergbergs
MoT Member

Post by Bergbergs »

Disclaimer: I don't know how often Boldr runs this promo so I don't know how much of screaming deal it is but I've heard great things about their quality so I figured I'd post.

Boldr has a code "TAKE50" with which you can take $50 off any "Venture" line watch (most are pre-order for July). They have several available at $299 before code, or $249 after code which is 16.7% off with free shipping (at least to NY). I also did not see a sales tax charge listed in the total but I didn't actually hit "Pay Now" so I can't accurately confirm or deny whether they charge state sales tax.

They have multiple colorways in the the Venture (NH35A Auto) and the Venture Field Medic (Japanese Quartz). Link: https://www.boldrsupply.co/collections/boldr-venture

The Field Medic II has an Indiglo-like lume on the dial.

Specs taken from the Venture Sand Storm:

Case: 38mm Titanium Case
Movement: Japan SII NH35A Automatic Movement
Water Resistance: 200m (660ft) / 20ATM
Crown: Screw-down crown with custom embossed BOLDR logo
Dial: Printed Matte dial with Japan Superlume
Hands: Custom hands with Japan Superlume
Lens: Flat sapphire crystal with Anti-Reflective coating
Strap: Nylon NATO Strap with custom titanium buckles
Case Thickness: 14mm
Lug size: 20mm
Lug to lug: 42mm
Case Back: Screw-down caseback with embossed limited edition designer artwork
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

My Gift Stop has a 10% off Red, White, & Blue sale with discount automatically applied in cart on select items.

Not seeing anything exciting myself, but post if you see anything I missed.

Link to everything included in the sale - https://www.mygiftstop.com/collections/ ... -ascending

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
phoenix844884

Post by phoenix844884 »

Bergbergs wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:13 am Disclaimer: I don't know how often Boldr runs this promo so I don't know how much of screaming deal it is but I've heard great things about their quality so I figured I'd post.

Boldr has a code "TAKE50" with which you can take $50 off any "Venture" line watch (most are pre-order for July). They have several available at $299 before code, or $249 after code which is 16.7% off with free shipping (at least to NY). I also did not see a sales tax charge listed in the total but I didn't actually hit "Pay Now" so I can't accurately confirm or deny whether they charge state sales tax.

They have multiple colorways in the the Venture (NH35A Auto) and the Venture Field Medic (Japanese Quartz). Link: https://www.boldrsupply.co/collections/boldr-venture

The Field Medic II has an Indiglo-like lume on the dial.

Specs taken from the Venture Sand Storm:

Case: 38mm Titanium Case
Movement: Japan SII NH35A Automatic Movement
Water Resistance: 200m (660ft) / 20ATM
Crown: Screw-down crown with custom embossed BOLDR logo
Dial: Printed Matte dial with Japan Superlume
Hands: Custom hands with Japan Superlume
Lens: Flat sapphire crystal with Anti-Reflective coating
Strap: Nylon NATO Strap with custom titanium buckles
Case Thickness: 14mm
Lug size: 20mm
Lug to lug: 42mm
Case Back: Screw-down caseback with embossed limited edition designer artwork
To be honest, it really isn't that screaming a deal. Specially the VK64 based meca-quartz chronograph, because other micro-brands have released similar watches for about the same prices, maybe slightly under, in the past.

That said, the Field Medic Chrono is very close to my heart because I am one of the guys who helped design this watch. If you read through the press release here - https://www.boldrsupply.co/blogs/b-roll ... tch-lovers you will see that I (Dr. Karan Madan) was instrumental in making this watch a reality. Plus part of the proceeds will go to various hardworking healthcare agencies to fight this pandemic. It really would help us all in the long run.

/ridiculous pitch
Impulse
MoT Member

Post by Impulse »

valuewatchguy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Well the good thing is that the other colorways aren't limited.

Personally, I'm holding off a bit before purchasing one if the non limited variants e.g. the brown/gilt one.
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

Sigmatime on the bay has the Revue Thommen Men's Diver Black Dial Stainless Steel Automatic Watch 17030.2137 for $399.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revue-Thommen ... 0891.m5206
Attachments
ED5D0D7C-EB76-4239-90BD-BAA72AC0FEED.jpeg
ED5D0D7C-EB76-4239-90BD-BAA72AC0FEED.jpeg (61.73 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Perdendosi wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:03 am They're toying with other dial colors too. I'd be in if the yellow was on offer. I'm still tempted.
Screenshot_20200627-064603_Kickstarter.jpg
The Nomad GMT watch, via @Kickstarter
I was debating on backing this one but there are glaring issues of quality for me, in particular how the markers and chapter ring indents are misaligned... An unfortunate pass.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Next Saturday, July 4, I will be drawing the name of the MoT's Inner Circle member who'll be receiving a Seiko SPB051 '62MAS' from [mention]riveredgejewelers[/mention].

There is still time to subscribe, show your support for everything we do here and get your name in for the first Inner Circle giveaway.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:31 pm Next Saturday, July 4, I will be drawing the name of the MoT's Inner Circle member who'll be receiving a Seiko SPB051 '62MAS' from @riveredgejewelers.

There is still time to subscribe, show your support for everything we do here and get your name in for the first Inner Circle giveaway.
Flip Challenge also ends on Saturday July 4. You could win BOTH contests!

ossamanity
MoT Member

Post by ossamanity »

Kay Jewelers Outlet have 30% off everything which also includes the Oris watches. There is also a random generated popup 10% off code which can be applied in addition to the already discounted watches.

Brings this Oris Aquis down to $945.

Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

ossamanity wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:51 pm Kay Jewelers Outlet have 30% off everything which also includes the Oris watches. There is also a random generated popup 10% off code which can be applied in addition to the already discounted watches.

Brings this Oris Aquis down to $945.

Excludes: Movado, Alpina, Casio, Tissot, Mido, CK, Hamilton, smartwatches.

Works on used Rolex - not that I would know what a deal is on any of them. Bling warning.

https://www.kayoutlet.com/watches/c/800 ... loadMore=2