Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by TheJohnP »

Macy's currently has their One Day Sale running + there's 10% cash back through Rakuten.
Couldn't see much that caught my eye, other than this Macy's exclusive Hamilton quartz.
And this model appears to be really exclusive to Macy's as not seeing a lot come up via Google.

The blue dial doesn't really pop in the main pic, so adding another one that shows the sunburst better.

Hamilton Jazzmaster Thinline quartz limited edition, model #
Sale price is $408.75
List price is $545

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/limi ... ID=8825796

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

Creation Watches
IMG_20200720_212834.jpg
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Not saying this is the best price ever.
But it's probably the most underappreciated brand and model.
https://drop.com/buy/orient-star-classi ... 8636899755
Attachments
Screenshot_20200720-100624.png
Screenshot_20200720-100534.png
Screenshot_20200720-100555.png
Screenshot_20200720-100606.png
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

nicegator wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:08 am Not saying this is the best price ever.
But it's probably the most underappreciated brand and model.
https://drop.com/buy/orient-star-classi ... 8636899755
Creationwatches with MANONTIME code has better price.
https://www.creationwatches.com/product ... 10652.html
Attachments
Screenshot_20200720-101732.png
recapt
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by recapt »

Flatspotter wrote:For anyone contemplating one of these, I bought two and if you power it via the 5VDC input instead of batteries, the light stays on all the time, thus making it perfectly legible! I bought a couple of USB to 4.0x1.7mm cables which work great, but you can also use a regular 5V AC adapter.
Good tip. Can you post a link to the ones you bought? I’ve been using a 5v charger from an old modem and would rather go USB. Having it plugged in makes all the difference with brightness.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

YMMV - amex offers - they're doing the touch of modern offer again, spend $125+ and get a $25 statement credit. Doesn't appear to exclude gift cards. Select amex cards only so ymmv

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:03 pm If you can get by the Invicta brand, this looks pretty sweet for $848. Damascus steel bracelet and case.

https://invictastores.com/yellow-tag/in ... odel-27491

Sorry, no can do. Invictas have zero inherent value. Will wait for the Invicta sale at $34.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

I know this isn't really the place to ask such a question, but I was afraid it wouldn't be seen on the CW thread. Anyway, I bought a C65 on the half price sale. It is showing that it has already cleared customs and should be delivered on Thursday. But, Christopher Ward has not billed my credit card yet, or there is no charge from them when I look at my account online. I got a text with a confirmation number from my card I had to put in when I ordered, and it seemed everything went correctly. The reason this concerns me is that I've had problems with this card and overseas transactions before. Is it normal that they wouldn't have billed me when it shipped? I ask here, because I know we have many experts on CW.
Last edited by M111 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

M111 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:29 pm I know this isn't really the place to ask such a question, but I was afraid it wouldn't be seen on the CW thread. Anyway, I bought a C65 on the half price sale. It is showing that it has already cleared customs and should be delivered on Thursday. But, Christopher Ward has not billed my credit card yet, or there is no charge from them when I look at my account online. I got a text with a confirmation number from my card I had to put in when I ordered, and it seemed everything went correctly. The reason this concerns me is that I've had problems with this card and overseas transactions before. Is it normal that they wouldn't have billed me when it shipped? I ask here, because I know we have many experts on CW.
So the watch has shipped, cleared customs, delivery date established...and your credit card hasn't been billed? I'm not only failing to see a problem, but would also suggest you buy that PowerBall ticket you've been procrastinating about :lol: . Seriously, though, in my dozen or so CW purchases, my credit card has always been billed immediately upon completing the transaction.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

M111 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:29 pm I know this isn't really the place to ask such a question, but I was afraid it wouldn't be seen on the CW thread. Anyway, I bought a C65 on the half price sale. It is showing that it has already cleared customs and should be delivered on Thursday. But, Christopher Ward has not billed my credit card yet, or there is no charge from them when I look at my account online. I got a text with a confirmation number from my card I had to put in when I ordered, and it seemed everything went correctly. The reason this concerns me is that I've had problems with this card and overseas transactions before. Is it normal that they wouldn't have billed me when it shipped? I ask here, because I know we have many experts on CW.
I paid through paypal because I had a PP balance I wanted to apply to the sale, so we may not be in the same situation. But my card was charged by paypal the day I bought it. Past orders from CW have also charged right away if I remember correctly.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 pm
BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:03 pm If you can get by the Invicta brand, this looks pretty sweet for $848. Damascus steel bracelet and case.

Sorry, no can do. Invictas have zero inherent value. Will wait for the Invicta sale at $34.
I've flipped several that were perfectly nice watches if they didn't say Invicta on them. I have a box of Jokers waiting for the price to go back up. :lol:
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:07 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 pm

I've flipped several that were perfectly nice watches if they didn't say Invicta on them. I have a box of Jokers waiting for the price to go back up. :lol:
I can imagine a lot of value for flipping, if you time it or find the right mark...lol. Would suggest trying a few vintage Omegas if you want to see real markup...at least in my experience you can really make a killing, and not have to deal with highly fluctuating valuation.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Perhaps if people used the Christopher Ward thread (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1658) it would be visible and get used even more! ;)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

dumberdrummer wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:47 pm
So the watch has shipped, cleared customs, delivery date established...and your credit card hasn't been billed? I'm not only failing to see a problem, but would also suggest you buy that PowerBall ticket you've been procrastinating about :lol: . Seriously, though, in my dozen or so CW purchases, my credit card has always been billed immediately upon completing the transaction.
It's just all beyond bizarre. I ordered on the 11th, checked my card account immediately and it showed a hold on my card like it was supposed to. The watch was the one that was not even supposed to be available until today. I also got the confirmation email from Christopher Ward right after I ordered. I never got a shipping notification though; I wasn't expecting to until today. But on Friday I got a text from DHL Express saying that my package from Christopher Ward would be delivered on Thursday July 23 and would require a signature unless I replied. I looked up the tracking number and it shows it was indeed picked up in London on the 17th and will be here on Thursday. The hold disappeared from my credit card and no charge has replaced it. Weirdest of all is that when I go to Christopher Ward's site and put in my order number from their confirmation email, It says there is no such order. It will be very interesting to see what I get on Thursday!
Last edited by M111 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

Can you move it over there. I don't want to break the rules. I'm just really confused and was looking for info. I'm sorry.

I copied my last reply to the Christopher Ward Forum. Please anyone else who wants to reply, go there. Don't bog down the main thread anymore! I'll try to find some good deals to make up for it
Last edited by M111 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.