LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

nicegator wrote:HUISABH compliant.

Celebrating arrival of my Vostok Komandirskie.
4 month and 6 days past since the order date.
Drink is appropriate to the watch.
Congrats on the new watch! I am starting to rethink my Vostok preferences. Yes the Amphibia gets all the love, but the Komandirskies are often much thinner and still have unique case designs. My 30m rated Komandirskies(when new) have gone lake swimming, jumped off of rope swings, diving boards and party boats without issue. Underrated and awesome. Loving the new Dirskie bud.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Not quite a NATO, but I'll allow it. Also, this is a warning for when we move forward on the LWDS project. The MM300 homages are THICK!!! I can't figure out why it works on my wrist. On paper, too thick. In my hands, too thick. On the wrist? Feels Great! It's weird, but it is amazingly comfortable.

That said, the majority of people will prefer the 62MAS or turtle I am guessing. Just throwing it out there that this watch is No joke. I will post a side by side with an SKX for reference later.

ImageImageImage

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:19 pm
nicegator wrote:HUISABH compliant.

Celebrating arrival of my Vostok Komandirskie.
4 month and 6 days past since the order date.
Drink is appropriate to the watch.
Congrats on the new watch! I am starting to rethink my Vostok preferences. Yes the Amphibia gets all the love, but the Komandirskies are often much thinner and still have unique case designs. My 30m rated Komandirskies(when new) have gone lake swimming, jumped off of rope swings, diving boards and party boats without issue. Underrated and awesome. Loving the new Dirskie bud.

This one is stainless steel and 100 m water-resistant. Love small seconds on 10 o'clock. Old models- from Soviet times were chromed brass and less water resistant.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

New NATO compliance!

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:25 pm Not quite a NATO, but I'll allow it. Also, this is a warning for when we move forward on the LWDS project. The MM300 homages are THICK!!! I can't figure out why it works on my wrist. On paper, too thick. In my hands, too thick. On the wrist? Feels Great! It's weird, but it is amazingly comfortable.

That said, the majority of people will prefer the 62MAS or turtle I am guessing. Just throwing it out there that this watch is No joke. I will post a side by side with an SKX for reference later.

ImageImageImage

What's the thickness? That looks really good!!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

[mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] and [mention]Bbrou33[/mention] are on opposite coasts of the U.S. and are rocking the same unique watch :? .

I know, I know...the other place.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:25 pm Not quite a NATO, but I'll allow it. Also, this is a warning for when we move forward on the LWDS project. The MM300 homages are THICK!!! I can't figure out why it works on my wrist. On paper, too thick. In my hands, too thick. On the wrist? Feels Great! It's weird, but it is amazingly comfortable.

ImageImageImage

Something crazy. Like 15mm. Dont have calipers, but here it is next to the very svelte NTH sub. Like I said, it's crazy thick. But on wrist? Surprisingly wearable. Wore it all day today.
ImageImage

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:[mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] and [mention]Bbrou33[/mention] are on opposite coasts of the U.S. and are rocking the same unique watch :? .

Have No fear! That same camaraderie is coming with the LWDS watch. And Its numbers will be even more exclusive! I should probably start a dedicated thread to the watch now that we have the logo ironed out.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Plus side of the MM300 homage is that it is true to the original with the monocoque case. Meaning the case is all one piece and the movement goes in through the crystal side(which is screw down). Pretty cool.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:07 pm
Stretch44 wrote:

ImageImageImage

Something crazy. Like 15mm. Dont have calipers, but here it is next to the very svelte NTH sub. Like I said, it's crazy thick. But on wrist? Surprisingly wearable. Wore it all day today.
ImageImage

Holy crap! That's like a hockey puck! Also, what kinda WIS doesn't have calipers... 😜
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:07 pm
Stretch44 wrote:
ImageImage

Holy crap! That's like a hockey puck! Also, what kinda WIS doesn't have calipers... [emoji12]
One who doesnt do favors by measuring watches for other people![emoji23]

On the few occasions I've wanted them, I just go over to my dad's place and use his. WIS dad's are awesome. Easy to shop for, and I have a surplus of straps to choose from.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:09 pm
Split-Time wrote:@Dub Rubb and @Bbrou33 are on opposite coasts of the U.S. and are rocking the same unique watch :? .

Have No fear! That same camaraderie is coming with the LWDS watch. And Its numbers will be even more exclusive! I should probably start a dedicated thread to the watch now that we have the logo ironed out.

Oh yeah, I was following that. I didn't comment or vote but will be interested. You would rather throw darts at a board blindfolded that get my thoughts on design, so I defer to all of those who have an eye for such things.

Not to say that I wouldn't vote "hockey puck or no hockey puck." insert GrumpyCatNo.jpg
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Maintaining my streak of non-compliance this week.

Just counting down the days until we have an LWDS Watch to call our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

That case is definitely growing on me! I really should have jumped on that run, it could have furthered my Seiko homage collection and been an absolute monster for weekends.

It really does just work. Crazy difference between the MM and the Nth though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Case poll is active right here. You can find it.