We're Moving!

Click for more info.

PREORDER: Brand Direct: Formex Watches - Reef Automatic COSC Diver **SPECIAL MOT DISCOUNT**

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

PREORDER: Brand Direct: Formex Watches - Reef Automatic COSC Diver **SPECIAL MOT DISCOUNT**

Post by TheJohnP »

During Virtual MicroLux, the new CEO of the brand Raphael teased they are offering a code for a free bracelet to the first 100 people who preorder the Reef automatic chronometer dive watch.
I joined their post presentation Q&A and they were kind enough to provide us with our ManOnTime code for the FREE stainless bracelet!

Preorder pricing on rubber strap is $1,670
Free $297 bracelet with code ifyouknowyouknow_MoT

Estimated delivery is December 2020

https://usd.formexwatch.com/collections ... 0875844686

Here's how the discount will work:
1) Go to Formex's site to add the rubber strap version to the cart.
2) Customize the watch as you like with choice of bezel, dial, and your wrist size.

3) In the cart, click on “customize your watch” drop down.
4) Add the stainless steel bracelet to the cart

5) Go to checkout and apply the code ifyouknowyouknow_MoT
6) The $297 bracelet will go down to $0!

More about the Reef:

A true Divers’ watch by design, the 42mm stainless steel watch is powered by a self-winding COSC-certified SW300 that comes in Sellita’s highest quality grade, using top of the line components only found in Chronometer-grade movements. This thin high-precision caliber allowed to construct the REEF at just 11.4mm thickness and a perceived height of 9.4mm, making it a great fit for the elegant occasions alike. For any underwater activities, a double gasket construction is designed and tested for 300 m / 1000 ft of water resistance.

Being one of the most exposed parts, the unidirectional rotatable bezel is made of an extremely hard and scratch-resistant Zirconium oxide ceramic. The graduations and numbers are engraved by femto-laser pulsations. Each bezel takes 60 minutes of precision engraving to achieve its three-dimensional effect. Machined gear-like indentations on the bezel’s edge allow a diver the ideal grip to safely set and monitor diving time and decompression stops. The 60 click action is responsive and smooth, yet offers firm and precise function of the bezel.

The sunray finished dial is manufactured at Formex’s in-house dial manufacture in the Jura mountains. The gradient for the different colors is sprayed by hand. The REEF’s bold rehaut-style hour markers are also hand-applied and triangle shaped, pointing towards the broad hour and minute hands that share the same detailed beveled mirror polish and brushed top surface finishing. Hands and hour markers as well as a capsule on the bezel’s zero marker are deep-filled with Swiss Super-LumiNova® BGW9 that emits a long-lasting blue glow in dark conditions. Being able to read the time with absolute certainty is a matter of survival when diving.

Both the solid-link bracelet and the rubber strap feature a buckle with a patented fine-adjustment system as well as a completely re-engineered and patented quick release system that allows to swap straps without the use of any tools.

Specs:

MOVEMENT
- Swiss Made Sellita SW300-1 (self-winding) Automatic (Chronometer grade), officially certified by COSC. 25 jewels. Date display. Custom-built skeleton rotor with thermally blued screws. 42 hours power reserve.

CASE
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 11.4mm (perceived 9.4mm)
- Lug width: 22mm
- Lug-to-lug: 47mm
- Water resistance: 30 bar (300 metres / 1000 feet)
- Weight: 90g (case only)

MATERIAL
- Bezel: Unidirectional rotating Zirconium Oxide Ceramic bezel (blue, black, green) / Stainless steel for the steel bezel
- Case: Stainless steel 316L
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection treatment

STRAP
- Black rubber strap with curved spring bars, Quick Release function and carbon fiber composite deployant clasp with patented Micro-Adjustment System.
- Stainless steel bracelet with screwed links, Quick Release function and stainless steel buckle with patented Micro-Adjustment System

DIAL
- Multi-finished & hand-applied Dégradé. BGW9 Super-LumiNova on hands and indexes.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
WPybus
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: Formex Watches - Reef Automatic COSC Diver **SPECIAL MOT DISCOUNT**

Post by WPybus »

Great work for the free strap [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] .
I really like my formex essence but the new diver is a bit too rich for my taste
C9A2F36C-DC14-430F-BFD5-D87077333353.jpeg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: Formex Watches - Reef Automatic COSC Diver **SPECIAL MOT DISCOUNT**

Post by TheJohnP »

WPybus wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:58 pm Great work for the free strap @TheJohnP .
I really like my formex essence but the new diver is a bit too rich for my taste

Don't spread this around, but they're working on a 39mm version of the Essence that they'll announce later this year!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:06 pm
WPybus wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:58 pm Great work for the free strap @TheJohnP .

Don't spread this around, but they're working on a 39mm version of the Essence that they'll announce later this year!!

That sounds good and I won’t tell anyone- the case suspension is a great touch and a bit addictive!
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I kinda dig it!
soulspawn
MoT Member

Post by soulspawn »

Awesome deal for us. Pity I'm not in the market for a green diver as that green dial looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

I really like this one and the bracelet deal makes this really, really tempting. Well done for getting it.

Your top pic - blue on strap with steel bezel - would be my pick of the available combinations.

Argh, just don't know if I can justify another purchase....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

baldrick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 pm I really like this one and the bracelet deal makes this really, really tempting. Well done for getting it.

Your top pic - blue on strap with steel bezel - would be my pick of the available combinations.

Argh, just don't know if I can justify another purchase....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Just think of all the money you're saving by getting that free bracelet!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody