Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by audio.bill »

flypanam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am By pure chance, the Gemnation Deal of the Day today is actually this Alpina Seastrong Heritage Diver Automatic in a fancy bronze and brown colorway. Brand new for $699. Per Gemnation, retail is $1795.

(pic stolen from Gnomon because Gemnation doesn't let me copy the pic link)
You mean like this pic? (In Firefox just right click on the thumbnail image and select copy link location) 8-)

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Drop has re-released an exclusive Glycine collab from a preorder about a year ago.
Original post about this collection - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1369&p=40473&hilit=coffee#p40473

Drop x Glycine Combat Sub "Coffee" automatic
Drop price is $399

https://drop.com/buy/drop-glycine-comba ... c-watch-m4

The Glycine Combat Sub is a favorite of the watch community. It’s been released in different colors and finishes, but never before like this. This Drop-exclusive version has everything you loved about the original, now with a two-toned bezel and an antique, lumed look. Another notable addition is the reversion to the original Glycine logo—a throwback change that will delight any vintage watch lover.

SPECS:

Movement:
- Glycine GL224 26-jewel automatic
- 28800 vph
- 38-hour power reserve

Case material:
- Stainless steel

Bracelet:
- Stainless steel

Crystal:
- Sapphire with anti-reflective coating

Caseback:
- Solid

Bezel:
- Aluminum
- Unidirectional rotating bezel

Case diameter:
- 42 mm

Case thickness:
- 10.6 mm

Lug width:
- 22 mm

Lug-to-lug:
- 50 mm

Water resistance:
- 200 m (654 ft)

Included:
Glycine’s 2-year warranty
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

The Antea is showing back in stock.

https://www.stowa.de/en/Antea+365+special+offer.htm

pgcity wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:03 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:23 am And beat to the punch by @pdsf

https://www.stowa.de/en/Christmas+sale/

We set up our daily offers in a fixed and already proven way.

At the following times our offers become available:
At 1 am on 1st December, at 2 am on 2nd December, at 3 am on 3rd December, etc.
All times are CET (Central European Time)

So we guarantee each of our customers worldwide - which are over all time zones - the opportunity to enjoy the special promotion.

NAD
As expected, the website is dead :D

update1: it's up again. First sale. Link here https://www.stowa.de/en/Antea+365+special+offer.htm
update2:that lasted about less than a minute but you never know it may just come back at random when it times out in someone's cart.
st1.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

audio.bill wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:39 am
flypanam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am By pure chance, the Gemnation Deal of the Day today is actually this Alpina Seastrong Heritage Diver Automatic in a fancy bronze and brown colorway. Brand new for $699. Per Gemnation, retail is $1795.

(pic stolen from Gnomon because Gemnation doesn't let me copy the pic link)
You mean like this pic? (In Firefox just right click on the thumbnail image and select copy link location) 8-)

The chrome on my work laptop just autozooms on the pics and never lets me right click :x
Scruffy believes in this forum
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Do you know what time it is? It's stats time! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2289
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TwoSecondsPerDay
MoT Member

Post by TwoSecondsPerDay »

Lip has 20% off Black Friday which gets the Mariner GMT on Mesh (someone was focused on GMTs, I think) from $279 down to $223:

https://www.lip.fr/en/559-marinier-gmt.html - switch to French language and translate for specs.

One caveat is delivery time: Our expert watchmaker LIP will manufacture your LIP watch in France.
The product is not in stock, it will be manufactured only for you. Delivery time can vary from 6 weeks to 12 weeks.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

peskydonut wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:08 am
ohhenry1 wrote:
peskydonut wrote:Between my weaknesses for military watches, the 38mm size, and the price of under $100/watch, I'm really struggling not buying this right now.
It is tempting. Wish I could find a bit more info or reviews of it, though.
Found this video. It says "includes paid promotion" so take it with a grain of salt, but it does provide some "on the wrist" shots.

Beware. I pre-ordered this watch back in July and still have not received my order. Just did a live chat and wasn't impressed. I told them that I am upset that I pre-ordered the watch and have yet to receive it but they are doing a BOGO. They created a "ticket" and I am supposed to hear from them via email tonight.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:48 am
ohhenry1 wrote: It is tempting. Wish I could find a bit more info or reviews of it, though.
Found this video. It says "includes paid promotion" so take it with a grain of salt, but it does provide some "on the wrist" shots.

Beware. I pre-ordered this watch back in July and still have not received my order. Just did a live chat and wasn't impressed. I told them that I am upset that I pre-ordered the watch and have yet to receive it but they are doing a BOGO. They created a "ticket" and I am supposed to hear from them via email tonight.
Now I'm glad I didn't ask if anyone wanted to go halfsies.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
TwoSecondsPerDay
MoT Member

ohhenry1 wrote: It is tempting. Wish I could find a bit more info or reviews of it, though.

Aw crap. My apologies on putting this out there, then. Should I edit the original to show this? [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] ?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TwoSecondsPerDay wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:54 am
peskydonut wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:08 am Found this video. It says "includes paid promotion" so take it with a grain of salt, but it does provide some "on the wrist" shots.

Aw crap. My apologies on putting this out there, then. Should I edit the original to show this? @ManOnTime ?
You don't need to unless you feel like you should.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

TwoSecondsPerDay
MoT Member

Tommy Hilfiger has 50% off sitewide with 'TOMMY' at checkout with a selection of fashionable dress watches:

https://usa.tommy.com/en/men-watches-je ... ry=watches

That takes this 40mm dress watch with magnetic strap from $125 to $62.50.

Rakuten has 10% cashback at Tommy, knocking it down to $45.

Of note, you probably want to avoid storing that magnetic band near your automatics or your pacemaker...
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

TwoSecondsPerDay wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:54 am
peskydonut wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:08 am Found this video. It says "includes paid promotion" so take it with a grain of salt, but it does provide some "on the wrist" shots.

Aw crap. My apologies on putting this out there, then. Should I edit the original to show this? @ManOnTime ?
I assume most reviews are paid [cough]ablogtowatch[cough]. The photos and info are still useful even if you can't trust the opinions given.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

flypanam wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 pm Luminox XS-3503 Navy SEAL Colormark is available at Ashford for super cheap. $125 - 10% = $112.5.

It doesn't say on the dial but its 200M water resistant and if my fiberglass case Marathon is any indication, this watch should be able to take a beating as well. Plus, tritium lume and a functional unidirectional bezel add to the value. Retail is $395 and cheapest on ebay is $180.

Wow, I like OD green and I love blue, but I can't do that combo.

Looks like they also have a white version the same price. Also not something I'd wear. Plus, not enough contrast to tell time on :)

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Helzberg Diamonds is having a cyber week sale, with 20% off everything with code CYBER, plus 10% cashback with Rakuten. They have a healthy collection of higher end Citizens, G shocks, Seiko Presage + Prospex. Code works on clearance items, as well!

With coupon and cashback that brings this SRPB77 **** Time which is already on clearance down to $230.40 net. Retail $450.

Or this SRPB43 **** Time down to $216 net. Retail $425.

And the Golden Turtle down to $266.40 net. Retail $525.

Scruffy believes in this forum
swissmade65
MoT Member

Post by swissmade65 »

TwoSecondsPerDay wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:32 am Lip has 20% off Black Friday which gets the Mariner GMT on Mesh (someone was focused on GMTs, I think) from $279 down to $223:

https://www.lip.fr/en/559-marinier-gmt.html - switch to French language and translate for specs.

One caveat is delivery time: Our expert watchmaker LIP will manufacture your LIP watch in France.
The product is not in stock, it will be manufactured only for you. Delivery time can vary from 6 weeks to 12 weeks.
I'm a big fan of several Lip designs. It's really too bad there are no American retailers for this brand (as far as I know, at least.) A couple of years ago, Long Island Watch was exploring offering their watches, but it fell through. At least as of mid-October, they didn't mention international shipping costs on their website. I emailed them at that time, and they quoted me 29.17 Euros = $35.14 for shipping to the US, with no VAT charged.