We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Toggle "Dark Mode"

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
MoT
Site Admin

Toggle "Dark Mode"

Post by MoT »

Toggling Dark Mode

This new, simpler method to enable "Dark Mode" has launched. This is cookie rather than profile based. What that means is every device you use to access the site can have either "Dark Mode" or "Light Mode". For example, if you prefer Dark Mode on desktop, but Light Mode on mobile, that can be achieved without having to switch every time you use a different device.

To enable on desktop and most mobile browsers, simply click the "Dark mode" button that appears in the Navigation Bar.

To disable, refresh or navigate to a different page and click the "Light mode" button.

With Chrome on Android the process is a bit different.

1. Select the "hamburger" at top-right.

2. Select "Desktop Site:

3. When page refreshes, then select "Dark mode" as above.

4. Repeat step 2, unchecking "Desktop Site"

Firefox on Android does not need these extra steps. Just click the "Dark mode" or "Light mode" button. Safari on iOS does not need the extra steps either.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
fillerbunny
MoT Member

Re: Toggle "Dark Mode"

Post by fillerbunny »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:29 am [
With Chrome on Android the process is a bit different.

1. Select the "hamburger" at top-right.

2. Select "Desktop Site:

3. When page refreshes, then select "Dark mode" as above.

4. Repeat step 2, unchecking "Desktop Site"

The dark/light mode button exists on Chromium on Android as well, it just gets hidden under the site's hamburger menu on narrower screens:

Landscape mode fixes that :)

audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

Viewing the site on a desktop PC via Firefox, when in Dark Mode the forum's header is not displayed as you scroll down the page. In Light Mode the header stays pinned at the top of the viewable window so you have access to Quick Links, Forums, Members, Dark/Light Mode, Subscriptions, and User account settings. Seems like it should be displayed the same way in Dark Mode. I realize this may be easier said than done! Thanks - Bill
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

audio.bill wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:05 am Viewing the site on a desktop PC via Firefox, when in Dark Mode the forum's header is not displayed as you scroll down the page. In Light Mode the header stays pinned at the top of the viewable window so you have access to Quick Links, Forums, Members, Dark/Light Mode, Subscriptions, and User account settings. Seems like it should be displayed the same way in Dark Mode. I realize this may be easier said than done! Thanks - Bill
I've noticed this with Chrome on desktop. I'll have to dig in and see if it's something I can change.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dark mode looks great with the normal board colors. Only issue is the main banner stays a light color. Not a big deal, just wanted to let you know.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Thanks!