Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
baldrick
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by baldrick »

flypanam wrote:There are some really good looking deals at the lingering holiday sale at Watchmaxx....

Mido Great Wall Automatic Chronometer is on sale at for $399 - 2% rakuten cash back = $391. Great price for a chronometer, and a unique looking one at that. Retail $1495.

Rado D-Star Automatic Ceramic is on sale for $545 - 2% cashback = $534. Very cool retro looks and a sweet ceramic case. Retail $2195.

Alpina Alpiner Silver Dial Quartz on bracelet on sale for for $295 - 2% = $289. Retail $895.

Alpina Alpiner Blue Dial Quartz on Leather on sale for $240 - 2% = $245. Retail $795.

NAD

I absolutely love everything about this Alpina, except that it is quartz. Did they ever release an auto version (Edit: other than the version with the timing bezel)?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Zipties
MoT Member

Post by Zipties »

baldrick wrote:NAD

I absolutely love everything about this Alpina, except that it is quartz. Did they ever release an auto version?

NAD

The nearest model is the Alpiner 4 in assorted colors with a timing bezel. That said, I have that quartz and the quartz GMT, both blue, and I’m quite pleased with both.

https://us.alpinawatches.com/collection ... -525ns5aq6

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

Several Baume & Mercier Capeland chronographs at ToM. Normal sale prices, but I haven't seen many of these lately. The supply seems to be drying up.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/bau ... 27af996518

$1849 on bracelet.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

baldrick wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:46 pm
NAD

I absolutely love everything about this Alpina, except that it is quartz. Did they ever release an auto version (Edit: other than the version with the timing bezel)?

NAD
Might be of interest.
https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/ ... l-525nn3s6
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-01-07 061759.png
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

pdsf wrote:
NAD

NAD
Might be of interest.
https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/ ... l-525nn3s6
I got this same email. Is that 40mm version new? Cant wait foe the price to come down just like it’s 44mm version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WatchDoc1973

Post by WatchDoc1973 »

I have this one that’s automatic and no timing bezel

flypanam wrote:There are some really good looking deals at the lingering holiday sale at Watchmaxx....

Mido Great Wall Automatic Chronometer is on sale at for $399 - 2% rakuten cash back = $391. Great price for a chronometer, and a unique looking one at that. Retail $1495.

Rado D-Star Automatic Ceramic is on sale for $545 - 2% cashback = $534. Very cool retro looks and a sweet ceramic case. Retail $2195.

Alpina Alpiner Silver Dial Quartz on bracelet on sale for for $295 - 2% = $289. Retail $895.

Alpina Alpiner Blue Dial Quartz on Leather on sale for $240 - 2% = $245. Retail $795.

NAD

Attachments
A024FE41-51C1-4E92-B882-BE7389B23F55.jpeg
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

audio.bill wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:32 pm
Slant wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:01 pm
Had anyone confirmed with Christopher Ward if these Super Compressors on sale are those from the earlier production runs with the offset to the left "SUPER COMPRESSOR" printing at the bottom, or will these be the updated version with the centered text?
No confirmation from CW, but you can see in the pics of the ones being closed out that the text is offset to the left. Other color SCs which have had the dials corrected show properly centered text in the pics on their product pages.

NAD:
Good Morning Mr VALUEWATCHGUY,

Thank you for your email.

The Black Sand Super Compressor watch that you have ordered in the sale is as per the images. The text on the dial will be as per the images shown for the watch.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,
Khizra XXXXX
Customer Services Advisor
-
-
1 Park Street
T: +44 (0)1628 763040
Maidenhead
christopherward.com
Berkshire SL6 1SL
United Kingdom

I have cancelled my order.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Hamilton Broadway Quartz on Drop for $350 is a decent price. For the version with the orange accents its an even better deal. List price $1945.

Last edited by flypanam on Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scruffy believes in this forum
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

Zipties wrote:
baldrick wrote:NAD

I absolutely love everything about this Alpina, except that it is quartz. Did they ever release an auto version?

NAD

The nearest model is the Alpiner 4 in assorted colors with a timing bezel. That said, I have that quartz and the quartz GMT, both blue, and I’m quite pleased with both.

https://us.alpinawatches.com/collection ... -525ns5aq6

NAD

Ah, sod it. Just ordered the blue quartz on bracelet.

Was tempted to go for the more expensive auto with timing bezel, but at this price the quartz is not too great a loss if I don't bond with it.

Enablers, the lot of you. [emoji2]

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Another stupidly cheap Alpina Startimer at Certified Watch Store:

Startimer Black Dial Greyish Olive-ish? Strap is $169.99. Retail $650.

audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

Just posted in the CW Forum:

CW January 21 sale reboot

• Unread post by Kip » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:50 am

As many of you have noticed, yesterday’s sale went quite well for CW. In fact it was the best sales day ever according to CW. However they unfortunately had a number of people who abused the sale terms and conditions and believe they purchased for the sole purpose of reselling. The terms and conditions were very clearly outlined within the email as shown below.

https://www.christopherward.com/terms-conditions.html

3.4 During our Sale period we set a maximum of five watches per customer, and customers buying multiples of the same item will be capped at two per customer. Serial number requests are not available on Sale items. Sale stock cannot be ordered over the phone during the Sale period. Our next day delivery / express shipment is not available during the Sale period on all orders, including non-sale items. We are also unable to offer engraving services, gift notes and gift-wrap on Sale products.

Due to the above, CW will be in touch with the 14 people informing them that they will be cancelling all of their orders and giving them a full refund. This stock will go back on the site later today. Possibly within the next hour or two.

This activity has also enabled some over sells of prototype models which they are looking into and will be in touch with the relevant customers regarding this. They are hopeful to have solutions for all.

So if you missed out on something specific you may get a second chance. Watch for it!!

Good luck.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Since y'all didn't like my fancy-pants Gemnation post yesterday, today's deal seems to be much more palatable :lol:

Revue Thommen Diver XL Bronze is priced at $399. Swiss. Bronze. Automatic. Sapphire. Cyclops. 300M. 42mm. Retail $2550.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Jimmy Collins from Collins Watch Company has graciously given all members of MoT's an on-going 10% discount, with the potential for extra discounts or special deals.

Use code MOT10 at checkout.

Thanks, Jimmy!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
victo66
MoT Member

Post by victo66 »

NAD.
Is there a thread here where all the MOT discount codes are listed? I searched through the forums but didn't see it. Would be handy to reference it before purchasing, as I'm pretty sure I've missed at least a discount or two. Thanks.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

victo66 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:31 am NAD.
Is there a thread here where all the MOT discount codes are listed? I searched through the forums but didn't see it. Would be handy to reference it before purchasing, as I'm pretty sure I've missed at least a discount or two. Thanks.
Yes. It's just a couple of threads below this one.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37

I am working on updating it.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody