Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
scrumpypaul
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by scrumpypaul »

UK deal.

Casio F-91W in baby blue for less than a tenner. Orange, pink and black same price.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6252450 ... vBep_D_BwE
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

I accidentally made a separate thread. Please delete. You can tell I'm out of practice here!!!

This one has a controversial movement, but considering that the alternative can go for six figures, you can have a nicely made homage that at least says "Swiss Made" on the dial. I am seriously considering ordering one of these myself! Thank you for the kind welcome back too, my watch-saving friends!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gv2-By-Gevril- ... 4598410122

gv2.png
gv2.png (180.05 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

M111 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:53 am I accidentally made a separate thread. Please delete. You can tell I'm out of practice here!!!

This one has a controversial movement, but considering that the alternative can go for six figures, you can have a nicely made homage that at least says "Swiss Made" on the dial. I am seriously considering ordering one of these myself! Thank you for the kind welcome back too, my watch-saving friends!!!

gv2.png
What is the movement and why is it controversial? Is it an STP1-11?
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

BruceR wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:49 am
M111 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:53 am I accidentally made a separate thread. Please delete. You can tell I'm out of practice here!!!

gv2.png
Gevril polishes Chinese movements and calls them Swiss. They do a pretty good job of it, but still.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:01 pm

gv2.png
Gevril polishes Chinese movements and calls them Swiss. They do a pretty good job of it, but still.
Think that's only in their more entry level GV2 series, in many Gevril branded models they do make use of Sellita movements.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

gv2.png
This tells all about the one in this watch.

https://calibercorner.com/ruben-and-sons-caliber-md3g/

It is supposed to be made in Switzerland but is a clone of a Miyota. But still, at this price point for a Nautilus homage, I think I may still try one. I bought my wife a quartz GV2 a few years ago, and it is still beautiful and still performing well, and she is very rough on watches.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Ocean Crawler has their Prototype & Sample Event going on now.

Get a rare chance to purchase one-of-a-kind prototypes and samples while stocks last!

https://www.oceancrawler.com/collection ... e-for-2021

A lot is already sold out, but there still seems to be plenty left to pick from.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Attachments
Screenshot_20210219-162029.jpg
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Attachments
Screenshot_20210219-162456.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Surprised this hasn't sold yet.

Seiko Prospex 'Alpinist', model # SPB123
Sale price with 10OFF is $494.10
Regular sale price is $549
List price is $725
Condition is - This pre-owned watch is in 95% condition due to slight marks on the bezel and throughout the case. The strap is in 95% condition due to minor wear and creasing. Originally purchased in June 2020, this watch comes with its inner and outer box, instruction manual, warranty card, hangtag, and the one-year Topper Pre-Owned Select warranty.

https://topperjewelers.com/collections/ ... ist-spb123

Click Icon To Contact Me

Toddallen

Post by Toddallen »

I waited until I received this watch to post the deal, I wanted to make sure I received the watch listed. Came across what seemed like a good deal on a blue dial Locman Stealth automatic on ebay for $160. As this is a more typical price for the quartz version, I wasn't sure if they were using the wrong picture. Google'd the model number and came across the same watch sold by Horology outlet on Amazon for $129! Although the description said quartz, took a chance and was delighted to receive the automatic version. Yes, a mineral crystal but a thin wearing sporty looking watch. I'm very pleased with it! They have 2 left.
20210219_184442.jpg
20210219_170502.jpg
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:55 pm Surprised this hasn't sold yet.

List price is $725
Condition is - This pre-owned watch is in 95% condition due to slight marks on the bezel and throughout the case. The strap is in 95% condition due to minor wear and creasing. Originally purchased in June 2020, this watch comes with its inner and outer box, instruction manual, warranty card, hangtag, and the one-year Topper Pre-Owned Select warranty.

Not sure if I'm violating any rules (if I am then surely I'll get spanked) but someone at WUS is selling a new Seiko SARX029 Urushi for $549 shipped. US only. That's a sweet watch. I would buy it but I already have a similar Seiko and it has too much in common.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

BruceR wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:31 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:55 pm Surprised this hasn't sold yet.

List price is $725

Not sure if I'm violating any rules (if I am then surely I'll get spanked) but someone at WUS is selling a new Seiko SARX029 Urushi for $549 shipped. US only. That's a sweet watch. I would buy it but I already have a similar Seiko and it has too much in common.
We've got a thread just for that.
Include pics or it didn't happen!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1960
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Toddallen wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:05 pm I waited until I received this watch to post the deal, I wanted to make sure I received the watch listed. Came across what seemed like a good deal on a blue dial Locman Stealth automatic on ebay for $160. As this is a more typical price for the quartz version, I wasn't sure if they were using the wrong picture. Google'd the model number and came across the same watch sold by Horology outlet on Amazon for $129! Although the description said quartz, took a chance and was delighted to receive the automatic version. Yes, a mineral crystal but a thin wearing sporty looking watch. I'm very pleased with it! They have 2 left.20210219_184442.jpg20210219_170502.jpg
Link please!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Toddallen

Post by Toddallen »