Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
feltharg
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by feltharg »

NAD
I have just recieved an email from eBay that they will retire the eBay ebucks 1% earning on regular purchases from April. I would call this the definition of NAD :D
Occasional bucks promo will supposedly continue to happen time to time
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

feltharg wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 am NAD
I have just recieved an email from eBay that they will retire the eBay ebucks 1% earning on regular purchases from April. I would call this the definition of NAD :D
eBay seems to be pushing their credit card pretty hard. Doesn't seem like it's worth getting unless you spend a lot of money on eBay.
chefo
MoT Member

Post by chefo »

BruceR wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:38 am
eBay seems to be pushing their credit card pretty hard. Doesn't seem like it's worth getting unless you spend a lot of money on eBay.
I think that's courtesy of the fact that Ebay spun off PayPal some time ago, and they want to capture back as much transaction fees/finance fees/etc. as they can. Why would you use Ebay credit, if PayPal would give you 6 months free of interest if you pay off the purchase in time?

Ebay tried to have me switch onto their direct pay platform, as opposed to use PayPal, for when I sell, then promptly dropped the ball by not making a decision on my application for months. Still waiting, BTW, but it would've cut my fees by half, which means I'd probably drop the prices I'm willing to churn my watches at as well. Probably others would as well, so good for buying and selling. All of that just to cut off PayPal, so these price wars seem deliberate and intentional. Now, if they could only execute.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I've been sitting on that news for over a month. Not surprising given their separation from PayPal, etc.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

11% off code MADNESS and 3% Rakuten cash back at Ashford makes this Glycine Combat Sub Vintage 42 one of the biggest, best bronze bargains (and alliterations :P ) out there @ $345.31. Other colorways slightly higher.

https://www.ashford.com/glycine/gl0268.html
Attachments
Screenshot (311).png
skylinegtr_34
MoT Member

Post by skylinegtr_34 »

chefo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:25 pm I think that's courtesy of the fact that Ebay spun off PayPal some time ago, and they want to capture back as much transaction fees/finance fees/etc. as they can. Why would you use Ebay credit, if PayPal would give you 6 months free of interest if you pay off the purchase in time?

Ebay tried to have me switch onto their direct pay platform, as opposed to use PayPal, for when I sell, then promptly dropped the ball by not making a decision on my application for months. Still waiting, BTW, but it would've cut my fees by half, which means I'd probably drop the prices I'm willing to churn my watches at as well. Probably others would as well, so good for buying and selling. All of that just to cut off PayPal, so these price wars seem deliberate and intentional. Now, if they could only execute.
Since last year Paypal does not refund fees back if you have to cancel-refund the eBay order for any reason. If you sell something expensive it really hurts so beware.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Let's start March off with a Certina from Jomashop: DS 2 Precidrive Black Dial Men's Watch

Retail $495.00

On sale for $174.99

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.56.14 PM.png

https://www.jomashop.com/certina-watch- ... 51-02.html
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

35mm x 13mm dual-time Miyota chrono -- both times are 12-hour. (source here, Miyota manual here). Stainless case, mineral crystal, screwback case, screw-down crown, 100m WR. Googling the model, it seems to have been on Drop (here) and ToM (here).

$60 - MADNESS promo = $53.40.

https://www.ashford.com/ingersoll/i05401.html

Screengrab from the Miyota manual:
miyota.png
miyota.png (44 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

It's already March 3 somewhere.
Bambinos and Nighthawks, few Edifices.
https://www.creationwatches.com/product ... 032021_jpg
Attachments
Screenshot_20210302-064157.jpg
Roc
MoT Member

Post by Roc »

nyonya wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 am Been looking at this one recently and haven't seen a better price: Seiko SSC771P1, one of their few smaller size solar chronos, in a nice red color to boot. $221 with code MANONTIME.

https://www.creationwatches.com/product ... 19469.html

Much better pic than the monstrosity Creation posts:
Nice looking watch now a few bucks less with code DOUBLE3, should be about usd215
https://www.creationwatches.com/product ... rrency=USD
bobusa
MoT Member

Post by bobusa »

bobusa
MoT Member

Post by bobusa »

ECO DRIVE for less than $80. There is one more color way available

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/dri ... ryID=24043

kl884347
MoT Member

Post by kl884347 »

Piggybacking off [mention]BostonCharlie[/mention] 's Ashford coupon, the women's blue Bomberg mentioned earlier is on sale for 99. With the coupon It is 88.99 plus Rakuten said 3% cashback. Decent deal if you were on the fence before.
bomberg.png
bomberg.png (27.65 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
denormalize
MoT Member

Post by denormalize »

Went to Macy's to check out the deal [mention]bobusa[/mention] posted.

Looks like they are having a flash sale, 50% off select watches.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.21.51 AM.png

Brings this Raymond Weil Freelancer Chrono - Jimi Hendrix Limited Edition to just under $1500 regularly $3000, listed for $3600 on Iguana Sell. LOVE the colors on this one!

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.25.50 AM.png
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by WhaleTail »

eBay has PREP4SPRING 15% off watches (certain retailers) but I was able to apply to an INOX from certified watch store as an example.
I think no minimum but max discount is $75 and code could be used twice.Image

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Aka: Watchout on WUS.