Removing Oceanus S100 bracelet?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Removing Oceanus S100 bracelet?

Post by tjcdas »

Guys for the OWC-S100 to remove the bracelet for cleaning in an ultrasonic cleaner do you just push out the endlink pin with a watch bracelet press?

Is it just a pressed in pin or a pin and collar setup to detach the endlinks?

Thanks

Tom
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Removing Oceanus S100 bracelet?

Post by yinzburgher »

I don't have any experience with the watch but after a quick search it looks like both [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] and [mention]ffeingol[/mention] should be familiar with these. Maybe they'll know something. But I also wouldn't doubt it not many people would know bc it usually isn't switched out for straps. In a quick google search I found people talking about resizing it but not removing it. Good luck! Seems like a great watch.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:I don't have any experience with the watch but after a quick search it looks like both [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] and [mention]ffeingol[/mention] should be familiar with these. Maybe they'll know something. But I also wouldn't doubt it not many people would know bc it usually isn't switched out for straps. In a quick google search I found people talking about resizing it but not removing it. Good luck! Seems like a great watch.
My S100 is in the hands of the great [mention]tennesseean_87[/mention] having a custom strap made. I have no experience removing the bracelet, but through our conversations, I learned it is a pin and collar setup IIRC. Maybe he can confirm.

Either way, enjoy the watch. It is truly an amazing piece.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

ffeingol
MoT Member

Post by ffeingol »

Sorry, I'm clueless also. In looking at the watch I'm 'guessing' that it's just a normal spring bar and you'd have to press it in through the drilled lugs.

Let us know if you try. I can try a bit later tonight when I have access to my tools.
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

I just tried mine, it doesn’t feel like a spring bar, no give whatsoever. I think you have to push the pin out, like you do with the bracelet links.

I’ve always wondered why it has drilled lug holes, with its proprietary bracelet it’s sort of useless unless you have a custom strap for it.

Now I know why!
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

I tried my spring bar tool no go, will try the press tomorrow.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Confirmed pin and collar, the dirt was pretty bad.

Thanks for the help.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

tjcdas wrote:Confirmed pin and collar, the dirt was pretty bad.

Thanks for the help.
Glad to hear you got it all figured out! But most importantly, did you manage to not lose the collar?!?! Also I would love to see some pics and hear your impressions on the watch so far. I know how I feel, bit am always interested in how others feel.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

No lost collar will post some pics today.