11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
rlachcik
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by rlachcik »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:19 pm So far I have am order confirmation and thats it's. It was the SPB071 from Ergode or whatever. Probably won't happen, but $79 Eterna pulsometers happened sooo. . . I'll keep y'all posted.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Same.
There actually is a watch site, Ergode.com or something like that, with more reasonable prices on the watches.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by BostonCharlie »

My "Shipped" Ergode Seiko (PADI Samurai) has been dropped off at USPS, who now says it is In-Transit. USPS Origin: Jersey City, NJ New York, NY (I didn't drill down into the tracking info).

btw, Happy Thanksgiving!
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

My Ergode shipment of the Padi Samurai is due to deliver Saturday. Everything else still shows processing.

My expectations are fairly low with the Ergode reviews but the response that Yinz received from Jet is a positive. I do think Jet will stand behind the process and take care of any issues that come up, but we shall see.

These are my favorite kind of deals, actually, high risk and high reward. Nothing like a roll of the dice to keep things interesting.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

FWIW there are still some $122.91 prices on Tissot watches, including some Powermatics. Based on what I've read in this thread I rolled the dice on one. As soon as I checked out I did another search and the price had climbed to $630.

Jet's search engine and interface is really funky so you get different results depending on if you search or if you navigate down and select a brand. The Seiko watches have almost completely disappeared from their site.
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.25 AM.png (39.4 KiB) Viewed 8260 times
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.47 AM.png (262.84 KiB) Viewed 8260 times
I figure my chances of getting this one are slightly higher than the bronze RT. Maybe 5% on this one?
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Elkins45 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am ...

Jet's search engine and interface is really funky so you get different results depending on if you search or if you navigate down and select a brand. ...
Beyond funky. I keep messing with it b/c it's a puzzle, I guess. Their search bar's auto-complete seems to be reliably direct (I'm on a PC browser). For example, I recalled seeing some Ratio divers (made famous by [mention]Bolster[/mention]), but conventional search yielded nothing. Auto-complete to the rescue: type in "ratio watch", click one of the auto-complete suggestions, then click the mfg. name in the watch listing. They have Bolster's thin quartz as well as automatics -- pretty cool selection.

Edit to add Bolster's review here. On lume: "GOOD all-night LUME – can read the time easily at 6am in a dark room. Doesn’t match the lume on my Portus Cale, but up there with 'more than sufficient.'"
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Chiming in on my order of an SKX007J1, hopefully to be "fulfilled by Ergode." Nothing received yet except an order confirmation email from Jet (same day ordered). I'm going to be patient and hope for the best. Interesting how these situations can influence buying behavior. Since the SKX's are discontinued, I find them a bit bulky, and don't care for 7S26's, I wouldn't have given one a second look...until I saw the $122 price, and figured I'd take a chance. Now, I may have one in my mailbox soon. So I ignored my usual policy against buying the deal.

I blame yinz ;)
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
rlachcik
MoT Member

Post by rlachcik »

Elkins45 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am FWIW there are still some $122.91 prices on Tissot watches, including some Powermatics. Based on what I've read in this thread I rolled the dice on one. As soon as I checked out I did another search and the price had climbed to $630.

Jet's search engine and interface is really funky so you get different results depending on if you search or if you navigate down and select a brand. The Seiko watches have almost completely disappeared from their site.

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.47 AM.png

I figure my chances of getting this one are slightly higher than the bronze RT. Maybe 5% on this one?
Ok my price for the SKX was.. drumroll... 122,91
Anyone else get a sinking feeling?
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

rlachcik wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:42 pm
Elkins45 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am FWIW there are still some $122.91 prices on Tissot watches, including some Powermatics. Based on what I've read in this thread I rolled the dice on one. As soon as I checked out I did another search and the price had climbed to $630.

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.03.47 AM.png

Ok my price for the SKX was.. drumroll... 122,91
Anyone else get a sinking feeling?
Nah, either they show up or don’t, that’s part of the fun. Think of it as a little Holiday adventure and we will know by Monday at the latest, IMO, if it’s a boom or bust.

I ordered 5 watches and only the Padi Samurai shows as shipped, oddly enough it’s the one that has the most value. The rest are different versions of the SKX and a Pro-trek, all fulfilled by Ergode, btw.

I’ll be happy if the Padi shows up. If the rest get shipped I stand to make $4-500 dollars. If they don’t, I will still have a nice Seiko diver to try.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

I had the PADI in my cart but it was removed before I could check out. Hope you get one.
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

I tried to buy the SRPB071 but it said the item was no longer available when I tried to check out. So I settled for a SKX007. Hopefully is shows up. Still show as processing by Ergode. We’ll find out one way or another soon enough. Like many have mentioned here. Jet will make it right if it doesn’t ship so we all rolled the dice and hopefully we hit our number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Update: I ordered a Prospex Tuna SRPA82 that originally said fulfilled by Ergode. Now the status has updated and is showing Shipped - Fulfilled by DiscountShop.com. It has a FedEx tracking number with a label created. It hasn't made it to the post office yet but the location says Stamford, CT where DS is located. 🤞
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

My Padi made it to the Louisville post office this morning which means I will see it tomorrow. I’m going to get something from Ergode, just not sure what it will be.

The adventure continues...
Last edited by jcombs1 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

My update mirrors yinzburgher's above. I ordered a SKX 0007 and 013 and they both originally showed fulfilled by Ergode. This morning the 013 shows that has a tracking label created by DiscountShop.com. Pleasantly surprised!
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

Mine still says processing and is still being fulfilled by ergode. Hopefully mine turns out like the rest of yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

No Thanksgiving miracle here either. Still being processed Ergode.
Living a comeback montage.