11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by MoT »

I've never owned a tuna or a monster, so the tuna-monster (SRPA82J1) is calling me. If I keep any of them, it may be that one.

Though the SKX011 soothes my desire for the unusual, and the SKX007 is iconic.

I think I really "bought the deal" on this one. :lol:

(I am kicking myself for not going for a Tissot or Tag or Omega, those I would have kept for sure.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by BostonCharlie »

jcombs1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:19 am
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:59 am All three of the watches ordered are now marked as shipped and are in transit.

Now I have to decide if I’m going to keep any of them!
Me too. Truthfully, I bought these to flip...ducks for cover...but the Samurai is growing on me. ...
I love my Samurai, but seeing this mod really made me flip: swapping the stock bezel w/ an aftermarket turtle bezel. Haven't tried it, but would sure like to. (Update: I see now that my Jet orders have shipped, too -- huzzah!)

This red-accented bezel would look good on the PADI Sammy, too:
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:51 am
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:59 am All three of the watches ordered are now marked as shipped and are in transit.

Me too. Truthfully, I bought these to flip...ducks for cover...but the Samurai is growing on me. ...
I love my Samurai, but seeing this mod really made me flip: swapping the stock bezel w/ an aftermarket turtle bezel. Haven't tried it, but would sure like to. (Update: I see now that my Jet orders have shipped, too -- huzzah!)

I’ve modded enough watches to know that I really have to love one to throw unrecoverable money at it. Generally, modding a watch is akin to lighting money on fire and watching it burn.

If I did anything to the Sammy it would be sapphire, MM type hands and a less busy red/blue bezel. Not really changing the look but improving it, IMO anyway.

Maybe a combination of these two or similar.
E0016454-11D0-4A41-8829-B072B9BA8CF9.jpeg
E0016454-11D0-4A41-8829-B072B9BA8CF9.jpeg (143.52 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
B92E477D-5544-49CA-9ACF-88659E88C32B.jpeg
B92E477D-5544-49CA-9ACF-88659E88C32B.jpeg (201.02 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

The Visodate and PADI Samurai have been delivered to my parents' place and I'll be stopping by there later today. The Tuna is still en route from DS w/ FedEx from CT. And my other orders saying "Fulfilled by Ergode" all showing shipment with package origination at various post office locations......Irving TX, Jersey City NJ, and Harrisburg PA which is very close to my parents' place. I still don't have my hopes up entirely after reading Ergode reviews but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm really just having a hard time believing that a SPB043 Presage is going to show up for just $130 after tax. Unfortunately due to my work schedule and packages not arriving to me personally, I won't be able to know the outcomes of my orders as quickly as others so I appreciate you guys updating here. Cool to see some of these orders pan out so far. Good luck people!

Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Nice way to start the day: got a tracking number for my $122 Ergode-fulfilled SKX007J1! Fingers crossed!

CaptureUSPS.JPG
CaptureUSPS.JPG (32.42 KiB) Viewed 8414 times
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Looking at the shipping details for my four orders, two of them (Seikos) that last night were still Processing now show (via USPS) that they were shipped 11/27 and will arrive today. My three Seikos all originated in New York while my one Tissot shipped from Cumming, Georgia.
tennesseean_87
MoT Member

Post by tennesseean_87 »

ManOnTime wrote:I've never owned a tuna or a monster, so the tuna-monster (SRPA82J1) is calling me. If I keep any of them, it may be that one.

Though the SKX011 soothes my desire for the unusual, and the SKX007 is iconic.

I think I really "bought the deal" on this one. :lol:

(I am kicking myself for not going for a Tissot or Tag or Omega, those I would have kept for sure.)
I didn’t realize they had tags and omegas at that price. I haven’t gotten into Tissot.
BostonCharlie wrote:

That top mod is really nice.

You guys are giving me hope my Ergode order will ship. It’s still processing :/

Wait! Marked as shipped! NJ and NC shipping locations both should come in Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

Count me in as well as an Egrode shipped customer. Now I’m getting a little excited.

Lrwatchman

Post by Lrwatchman »

Mine have shipped too. Best deal I have gotten in a while!
tennesseean_87
MoT Member

Post by tennesseean_87 »

Now I wish I’d splurged on more.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

tennesseean_87 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 am Now I wish I’d splurged on more.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Mine shows in transit from ALCOA, TN.

This deal has to go down as one of the best Mega deals ever. Unbelievable.

Although I wish I had been more persistent on checkout with some of the watches that I actually wanted (to be frank, it was all a gamble for us), I can be contempt with what I got (since we were all rushing to check out and I was walking my dog at that time as well).

Cheers everyone! Let's hope they all get fulfilled!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

rlachcik
MoT Member

Post by rlachcik »

Still waiting for a confirmation that my recently ordered Tissot Luxury has shipped, SKX007 supposed to be here Tuesday.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

tennesseean_87 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 am Now I wish I’d splurged on more.

I wish I'd found more that wasn't already sold out ;-)

Three cheers to yinzburgher for finding the deal and sharing it with us!