MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on two methods lights on. One is a referral generator that creates (mostly) unobtrusive links. This depends on the site being whitelisted in any ad-blocking software you use. If you could please whitelist this site, we would be ever thankful. (We promise there are no pop-ups, pop-unders or other annoying distractions.)

The other method is donations from members and visitors. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.


Thank you!

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

User avatar
TheJohnP
Global Moderator
Posts: 4330
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 pm
Location: Atlanta
Has liked: 5861 times
Been liked: 3158 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#16

Post by TheJohnP » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:02 pm

The DRZ02 is basically flat and it fits me fine.
I don't think you need to worry about that.

As far as color goes, you're on your own!
Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 357 times
Contact:

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#17

Post by pdsf » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:10 pm

My wrist is like a ruddy twig so while it does save me money because I can't wear lots of watches out there, it does present fit challenges. I keep eating but that dang thing won't grow.

Haha re color decision.

@TheJohnP if there is room in your watch box, can you bring the DRZ02 to the next GTG? :)
These users liked the author pdsf for the post:
TheJohnP
EA-Sports
MoT Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#18

Post by EA-Sports » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:45 pm

What color and date/no date combo did folks here choose? There’s a fun poll they sent and it looks like black/grey with date combo is the most popular one. I chose red no-date and looks like that was the least chosen one lol. I was pretty certain on no date but went back and forth on the color. I knew I didn’t want blue so it was between black and red. I ended up choosing red because I have a black fume bronze Halios Seaforth that I felt like too similar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked the author EA-Sports for the post (total 2):
TheJohnPpdsf
User avatar
TheJohnP
Global Moderator
Posts: 4330
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 pm
Location: Atlanta
Has liked: 5861 times
Been liked: 3158 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#19

Post by TheJohnP » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:04 pm

EA-Sports wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:45 pm
What color and date/no date combo did folks here choose? There’s a fun poll they sent and it looks like black/grey with date combo is the most popular one. I chose red no-date and looks like that was the least chosen one lol. I was pretty certain on no date but went back and forth on the color. I knew I didn’t want blue so it was between black and red. I ended up choosing red because I have a black fume bronze Halios Seaforth that I felt like too similar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please share all the pics when that comes in!
Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 357 times
Contact:

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#20

Post by pdsf » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:14 pm

EA-Sports wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:45 pm
What color and date/no date combo did folks here choose? There’s a fun poll they sent and it looks like black/grey with date combo is the most popular one. I chose red no-date and looks like that was the least chosen one lol. I was pretty certain on no date but went back and forth on the color. I knew I didn’t want blue so it was between black and red. I ended up choosing red because I have a black fume bronze Halios Seaforth that I felt like too similar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good reasoning. I don't have a red watch so that's why I am thinking about it. I am going to go for the date version as my previous diver, the Newmark, is no-date.

Yes, post lots of pics.. :) and I will do the same. September seems so far away.
These users liked the author pdsf for the post:
TheJohnP
aeroman5
MoT Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:16 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#21

Post by aeroman5 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:36 am

This is my first Kickstarter watch. I've gone for the red dial with date. I like the blue dial but have plenty of blue dial watches already, and I wasn't keen on the markers on the black dial.
These users liked the author aeroman5 for the post (total 2):
pdsfTheJohnP
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Posts: 2736
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 5813 times
Been liked: 3941 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#22

Post by watchpalooza » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:30 pm

We have one of these coming for review (black, not red). Sergio from Direnzo has just sent the shipping confirmation. I will let you know when it arrives.
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 3):
TheJohnPpdsfborgil
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pdsf
MoT Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 357 times
Contact:

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#23

Post by pdsf » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:44 pm

aeroman5 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:36 am
This is my first Kickstarter watch. I've gone for the red dial with date. I like the blue dial but have plenty of blue dial watches already, and I wasn't keen on the markers on the black dial.
I hope, and think, it will be a good Kickstarter experience for you based on the project creator's history. My recent Kickstarter watch, the Newmark 71, has turned out to be great.

I decided to get the black dial with date. I might regret it but it's a "safer" option for me, for now. :)
These users liked the author pdsf for the post:
TheJohnP
Nsjong
MoT Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:21 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#24

Post by Nsjong » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:10 pm

Personally went with red + date.
It's rare to find a hue of darker red/maroon in the industry and the colour typically wears extremely well on clothing and accessories.
Really excited, love the organic theme Sergio went with. It's very Seiko-esque without being confined to Seiko brand limits.

I don't think there is a wrong choice, I would've easily gone with blue as a secondary but like others may have said, there are plenty of stunning blue-dial watches.
These users liked the author Nsjong for the post:
TheJohnP
User avatar
Franko
MoT Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:39 am
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#25

Post by Franko » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Nsjong wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:10 pm
Personally went with red + date.
It's rare to find a hue of darker red/maroon in the industry and the colour typically wears extremely well on clothing and accessories.
Really excited, love the organic theme Sergio went with. It's very Seiko-esque without being confined to Seiko brand limits.

I don't think there is a wrong choice, I would've easily gone with blue as a secondary but like others may have said, there are plenty of stunning blue-dial watches.
Ditto, ours will be rare 🥩
These users liked the author Franko for the post (total 2):
TheJohnPNsjong
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Posts: 2736
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 5813 times
Been liked: 3941 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#26

Post by watchpalooza » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:37 am

A pair of these arrived for review from Sergio at Direnzo. Be sure to check the Reviews forum in the next days for first impressions. I snapped a quick photo outside the customs office:
BDB86702-47B6-48EE-8EBA-1F9272BEA0FD.jpeg
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 2):
pdsfTheJohnP
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
baldrick
MoT Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:22 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#27

Post by baldrick » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 am

I didn't back this one, but have to say those look rather good. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on them.

Edited to add: on that one photo, the black slightly edges it for me. The dial and eclipse effect is more pronounced and eye-catching.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Franko
MoT Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:39 am
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#28

Post by Franko » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am

Sergio posted an update:

Update N° 12 - Bracelets and others

user avatar
Direnzo watchesCreator
March 30, 2020
Dear friends,

Hope everyone is safe and sound!

Just a quick message to tell you a few good news:

1. Bracelet will come with quick release function! it took me some time to negotiate and I'm glad to confirm it now (check the green rectangle on production plans)! We'll be able to swap straps easily and I get to keep my elegant case...

2. Clasp will be slightly bigger (6 micro adjustments) with side pushers, hope you like it!

3. I had a sneak peek of the red and blue dial samples, blue is perfect now and red looks stunning, I should be receiving them in the following days and I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. The red dial might need a bit of darkening on the center part (as happened with the blue one, sometimes it's difficult to do it right at the first time).

Here in Switzerland, as in lots of places in the world, commerce and workshops are closed due to the Coronavirus crisis. I wanted to assemble the red dial on a prototype but we'll have to wait until things get back to normal, maybe in the end of April. Same with Sellita (producer of the movement) they are currently closed. I think that if they reopen in the end of April we'll be able to keep the delivery date as promised. The rest of the pieces will be ready in August for assembly.

Take care and stay safe!

Sergio
D2E62A47-F8B5-4AFE-8E0E-52B043EA1060.png
D2E62A47-F8B5-4AFE-8E0E-52B043EA1060.png (301.22 KiB) Viewed 153 times
These users liked the author Franko for the post (total 2):
TheJohnPwatchpalooza
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Posts: 2736
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 5813 times
Been liked: 3941 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#29

Post by watchpalooza » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 pm

Franko wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am
Sergio posted an update:

Update N° 12 - Bracelets and others

user avatar
Direnzo watchesCreator
March 30, 2020
Dear friends,

Hope everyone is safe and sound!

Just a quick message to tell you a few good news:

1. Bracelet will come with quick release function! it took me some time to negotiate and I'm glad to confirm it now (check the green rectangle on production plans)! We'll be able to swap straps easily and I get to keep my elegant case...

2. Clasp will be slightly bigger (6 micro adjustments) with side pushers, hope you like it!

3. I had a sneak peek of the red and blue dial samples, blue is perfect now and red looks stunning, I should be receiving them in the following days and I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. The red dial might need a bit of darkening on the center part (as happened with the blue one, sometimes it's difficult to do it right at the first time).

Here in Switzerland, as in lots of places in the world, commerce and workshops are closed due to the Coronavirus crisis. I wanted to assemble the red dial on a prototype but we'll have to wait until things get back to normal, maybe in the end of April. Same with Sellita (producer of the movement) they are currently closed. I think that if they reopen in the end of April we'll be able to keep the delivery date as promised. The rest of the pieces will be ready in August for assembly.

Take care and stay safe!

Sergio
D2E62A47-F8B5-4AFE-8E0E-52B043EA1060.png
The attention to detail and passion for excellence is what makes Sergio and Direnzo so successful. Any improvement over what is already the best bracelet I have ever handled...is just gratuitous and wonderful.
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post:
Franko
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
User avatar
Franko
MoT Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:39 am
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Direnzo Watches - DRZ 03 Eclipse dive watch

#30

Post by Franko » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:49 pm

Looks like the bracelet is going to be the same as Christopher Ward watch I just received and it is my favorite bracelet!! Quick change and easy micro adjustments - all bracelets should be like this!!
Post Reply