Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
CigarCity
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by CigarCity »

Robotaz
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Robotaz »

I will post watches I bought through posted deals here when I remember.

I posted a deal about this Vero Workhorse that was 20% off $425 at Uncrate.

I will say this…

I’ve had so many Seiko tunas that I’m sure I can’t remember them all. 2 spring drives, a golden spring drive 1/300, on and on and currently have a rose gold emperor last gen.

Considering money, I’m as happy or more with this watch. And it definitely does have a tuna feel. I will say the CS is awesome because I’ve already had to inquire for a new strap due to motor oil and other smelly stuff. It looks brand new and the strap was trashed. New one in this pic.

The case has hit metal hard while wrenching. No worries. I’d prefer metal pushers, but they work fine.

So, I highly recommend this watch. Very entertaining and that matters to me. I’ve noticed it matters to others here. It’s a good watch.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Robotaz »

Last few months, so newish. Deal from a member on this forum.

$39 Woot Todd Snyder Timex.

Edit - Dang I forgot to add these collaborations with Timex x TS are not sloppy at all. One of my favorite aspects of loving these watches is how they demonstrate such a huge return on dollar versus 15 years ago. No comparison.

The second hands hitting their marks on these, done better than 75% of the quartz tunas I’ve owned. They always deserve a look.

Here are my others, ~cost left to right. $69, $79, $49, $59.

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Just under $120 from ALX with RetailMeNot rebate. Specs are well touted so I’ll share what’s not widely known.

BRACELET - Absolutely first class. Very nicely machined and polished links. Heavy in a good way, smooth with no sharp edges. Style is super-engineer II. I’m a 6.75” wrist and I only removed 1 link so large wrists may want to requests extra links. 6 micro-adjusts so easy to find your super-comfy length. Signed/engraved clasp is nice but pretty standard. End links are solid and meet the case perfectly. Not good, not close, freakin’ perfectly. Honestly don’t think I’ve seen better.

CASE/BEZEL - Love this size, the crown placement and the 120 click bezel. Action is crisp with only a 1/4 second of back play if I’m being super-picky. Edges are mostly horizontally brushed with a couple of polished parts for contrast. Case back is decorated nicely with the Seestern star and ‘great wave’. The dial always strikes me as a little plain in pix, but with the tachy-bezel actually works in person. Engraved crown also a nice touch.

LUME - This is my favorite part. Hands of course, indices absolutely, triangle pip, ok nice touch - but the date wheel…..that’s a surprise.

All in all this one’s a 10/10 for me.
07488E46-3581-4AD1-9962-09E3B776AD0D.jpeg
EF6F3731-9AD0-4D14-AF4A-C0FBBE61CAF6.jpeg
516D8F30-35ED-4B62-AF23-B81C6BB24EDD.jpeg
B650F6E1-3EFA-440F-A279-A6FBAE370033.jpeg
8A4763E5-3F12-484D-AFB7-7B5786DC027E.jpeg
26DCFFA7-E80D-4DDC-BB60-B830F7DCDE92.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Another ALX special….$150-ish after RetailNeNot rebates. The seller stated mine would be the ‘closeout dial’ so while the Ix & Dao dial script would be in place the script at 6 o’clock would be ‘fabrique en chine’. As you can see by the pix that’s not the case. This is the V2 so I’m super pleased to get a V2 at V1 closeout pricing.

MOVEMENT - The PT5000 is the Chinese knock-off the ETA-2824-2. So super smooth sweeper second hand with 25 jewels and a 38 hour power reserve.

CASE/BEZEL/CRYSTAL - 316L SS, Nicely finished with no obvious cost cutting. Finishing and design matches Omegas. Crystal is AR coated, double-domed Sapphire. A 120 click, ceramic and SS bezel hits all its marks with zero back play. Engraved caseback looks well done, not overdone.

DIAL/HANDS/LUME - Dial is 3 color, enameled with multi-layer overprint and raised indices. The Swiss super C3 lume is applied liberally to indices, PIP and hands. Once fully charged you’ll start to see the distinct green glow by dusk. Broad arrow handset with lollipop second hand just works!

BRACELET - The mesh bracelet just works with this watch. The end links fit perfectly once again and articulate helping the Watch wrap smaller wrists.

Another 10/10 for me.
IMG_8611.jpeg
IMG_8616.jpeg
IMG_8615.jpeg
IMG_8617.jpeg
IMG_8612.jpeg
IMG_8613.jpeg
IMG_8614.jpeg
IMG_8618.jpeg
IMG_8619.jpeg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

CVP33 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:49 pm Another ALX special….$150-ish after RetailNeNot rebates. The seller stated mine would be the ‘closeout dial’ so while the Ix & Dao dial script would be in place the script at 6 o’clock would be ‘fabrique en chine’. As you can see by the pix that’s not the case. This is the V2 so I’m super pleased to get a V2 at V1 closeout pricing.

MOVEMENT - The PT5000 is the Chinese knock-off the ETA-2824-2. So super smooth sweeper second hand with 25 jewels and a 38 hour power reserve.

CASE/BEZEL/CRYSTAL - 316L SS, Nicely finished with no obvious cost cutting. Finishing and design matches Omegas. Crystal is AR coated, double-domed Sapphire. A 120 click, ceramic and SS bezel hits all its marks with zero back play. Engraved caseback looks well done, not overdone.

DIAL/HANDS/LUME - Dial is 3 color, enameled with multi-layer overprint and raised indices. The Swiss super C3 lume is applied liberally to indices, PIP and hands. Once fully charged you’ll start to see the distinct green glow by dusk. Broad arrow handset with lollipop second hand just works!

BRACELET - The mesh bracelet just works with this watch. The end links fit perfectly once again and articulate helping the Watch wrap smaller wrists.

Another 10/10 for me.

IMG_8611.jpeg
IMG_8616.jpegIMG_8615.jpegIMG_8617.jpegIMG_8612.jpegIMG_8613.jpegIMG_8614.jpegIMG_8618.jpegIMG_8619.jpeg
I had this exact model when they first came out. Pretty impressive for the price paid.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
ayem-bee
MoT Member

Post by ayem-bee »

Here's my new "mini" Aragon (40mm) next to a Bulova Hack (38mm). This Sea Striker may look smaller (dial-wise, it is), but it is a beast! Very thick/tall and heavy. I will be hitting a few door frames, for sure.
I'm not sure what's going on with the bezel, with that 200M designation, and the arrows at 4:30 & 10:30. Also, the red minute markers look good on @CVP33's red face version, but seem a little out of place on the blue (though that blue face is striking in person). I wonder if they should have color-coordinated these numbers with the dials (or lumed them). I was also hoping Wing would have brought back the dragon logo for this watch.
I can't wait to see pics of the black and purple faces.
20230707_202110.jpg
20230707_202901.jpg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

@ayem-bee So funny. I was thinking exactly the same thing on color coordinating the bezel markers to the dial color. At $129 I may just paint it. That’s what I did on my Glycines about 6 years ago using automotive touch up paint. It’s held up well.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ayem-bee wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:51 pm Here's my new "mini" Aragon (40mm) next to a Bulova Hack (38mm). This Sea Striker may look smaller (dial-wise, it is), but it is a beast! Very thick/tall and heavy. I will be hitting a few door frames, for sure.
I'm not sure what's going on with the bezel, with that 200M designation, and the arrows at 4:30 & 10:30. Also, the red minute markers look good on @CVP33's red face version, but seem a little out of place on the blue (though that blue face is striking in person). I wonder if they should have color-coordinated these numbers with the dials (or lumed them). I was also hoping Wing would have brought back the dragon logo for this watch.

20230707_202110.jpg

20230707_202901.jpg
Here's a quick shot of my purple 45mm with the plastics still on. The dial is very dynamic. A dark purple in some instances, and a very flashy bright in others. I'm contrary to you, I'm glad the dragon didn't make an appearance. :D

Very impressive watch for $129, and the T100 tubes are incredibly bright in the dark.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Official Watch Deals strikes again!

Refurbished (looks absolutely brand new) Citizen Eco-Drive.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 3.04.00 PM.png
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

MoT wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:59 am
ayem-bee wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:51 pm Here's my new "mini" Aragon (40mm) next to a Bulova Hack (38mm). This Sea Striker may look smaller (dial-wise, it is), but it is a beast! Very thick/tall and heavy. I will be hitting a few door frames, for sure.

20230707_202110.jpg

20230707_202901.jpg

Here's a quick shot of my purple 45mm with the plastics still on. The dial is very dynamic. A dark purple in some instances, and a very flashy bright in others. I'm contrary to you, I'm glad the dragon didn't make an appearance. :D

Very impressive watch for $129, and the T100 tubes are incredibly bright in the dark.

Mine arrived today. Wish the purple were a shade darker.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

CVP33 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:57 pm
MoT wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:59 am

20230707_202110.jpg

20230707_202901.jpg

Mine arrived today. Wish the purple were a shade darker.
I'm enjoying how dynamic it is. In some illumination it is a lighter purple, in others, it darkens dramatically.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

ayem-bee
MoT Member

Post by ayem-bee »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:07 pm Official Watch Deals strikes again!

Nice! I assume the bezel rotates? Do you have the link to this (or the model #)?
I've been looking for a 12-hour bezel, and was considering this Heritor at Jomashop:
https://www.jomashop.com/heritor-pierce ... s1203.html
I've also thought about changing out the bezel insert in one of my Makos or Rays - but I really like the thought of an Eco-Drive as a travel watch.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

ayem-bee wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:53 pm
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:07 pm Official Watch Deals strikes again!

Nice! I assume the bezel rotates? Do you have the link to this (or the model #)?
I've been looking for a 12-hour bezel, and was considering this Heritor at Jomashop:
https://www.jomashop.com/heritor-pierce ... s1203.html
I've also thought about changing out the bezel insert in one of my Makos or Rays - but I really like the thought of an Eco-Drive as a travel watch.
---------

Here's the Ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264884018169

Unfortunately, the coupon I used to knock the price down to <$90 is no longer available.

The bezel does NOT rotate.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

This one is from a deal I posted a couple of weeks ago and it just arrived yesterday. Sapphire, VH31 mechaquartz movement, 200m WR, all for $75 shipped. The alligator embossed leather strap is a bit plasticky and the lume isn’t fantastic, but I have a nice Xeric Horween strap that will work nicely. I like it.

On an unrelated note: after seeing the pix I’m sorry I didn’t get one of the 40mm Aragon mystery box tritiums.

0FDDC09B-3D48-4198-A899-EA8F66B77F6D.jpeg