Be a Peach: Help End Gynecologic Cancers

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Be a Peach: Help End Gynecologic Cancers

Post by MoT »

Did you know that September is Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month? Probably not. While comprising of the most frequently diagnosed cancers that affect women exclusively, the gynecologic cancers (GCs), Cervical, Endometrial, Ovarian, Vaginal, and Vulvar, unfortunately have not received the same kinds of massive public attention campaigns that other cancers have.

Peach is the awareness color for endometrial/uterine cancer, the most common of the GCs. It is the cancer that Mrs.Mot had. It is often referred to as an "old woman's" cancer since it was most prevalently diagnosed in post-menopausal women; women who shouldn't be having vaginal bleeding. Occurrence in younger women, some as young as their late teens and early 20s is on the rise, and in fact, endometrial cancer is diagnosed ***every five minutes***. Horrifically, many doctors ignore younger women who complain about symptoms that point to endometrial cancer, so it is crucial to know what they are and to self-advocate and seek second and third (and fourth) opinions in case of an unknowledgeable or indifferent physician.

As with any cancer, early detection is vital. There is no routine screening or test for any of the GCs except for cervical. Educate yourselves by knowing the signs and seek help for yourself (or the women in your life) if you are even the slightest bit concerned. You just may save a life.

Now that you've (hopefully) read all that:

Let's join together and raise donations for https://foundationforwomenscancer.org/. The Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing research, education, and awareness of gynecologic cancers, risks, prevention, early detection, and optimal treatment.

Anyone who donates at least $10 to FWC will gain a chance to receive my pre-loved Seiko Monster SRPE27 as well as a $100 gift card to Martu Leather. Every multiple of $10 gets you another chance, so for example, if you donate $30, that's 3 chances. If you donate $50, that's five chances.

But wait, there's more! If you donate at least $25, you will gain a chance to receive a new Oris ProPilot 55th Reno Air Races Limited Edition 01 752 7698 4194-Set MB generously offered by our good friends at Time Machine Plus[ as well as a $100 Martu Leather gift card! Once again, multiples of $25 will give you multiple chances. Your chances with also be eligible for my Seiko Monster/Martu Leather gift card combo. (One $25 donation grants you 1 Oris/Martu chance and 2 MoT's Monster/Martu chances.)

To donate go to https://foundationforwomenscancer.org/s ... us/donate/ and fill out the Memorial / Gift Tribute Information section like in the screenshot below:

Then take a screenshot of your donation receipt showing the amount and PM it to me, or email to matt@manontime.com. I'll add your chances into the pot and on October 1 randomly select a recipient from all the entries.

Thanks to everyone for reading all of this, and thank you all in advance for donating, and a special THANK YOU to Komail and the team at Time Machine Plus for offering the Oris, and Andrea at Martu Leather for the gift cards.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Be a Peach: Help End Gynecologic Cancers

Post by MoT »

To recap:

Receive one (1) chance at getting my Seiko Monster SRPE27 and a $100 Martu Leather gift card for every $10 in donations.
  • $10 = 1 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather gift card chance
  • $20 = 2 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather gift card chances
  • $30 = 3 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather gift card chances and 1 Oris/Martu Leather gift card chance
  • $40 = 4 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather gift card chances
  • $50 = 5 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather gift card chances, and 2 Oris ProPilot/Martu Leather chance
Receive one (1) chance at getting a new Oris ProPilot 55th Reno Air Races Limited Edition 01 752 7698 4194-Set MB from Time Machine Plus and a $100 Martu Leather gift card for every $25 in donations, and receive 2(5) chances at getting my Seiko Monster SRPE27/Martu Leather gift card.
  • $25 = 1 Oris ProPilot/Martu Leather chance and 2 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather chances
  • $50 = 2 Oris ProPilot/Martu Leather chances and 5 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather chances
  • $75 = 3 Oris ProPilot/Martu Leather chances and 7 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather chances
  • $100 = 4 Oris ProPilot/Martu Leather chances and 10 Seiko Monster/Martu Leather chances

Donation Link: https://foundationforwomenscancer.org/s ... us/donate/
  • Fill out the donation form with the information in below screenshot. PM a copy of your donation receipt showing the donation amount to me, or email it to matt@manontime.com. Please include your username and best method of contacting you.
  • The donation period is from September 1 to October 1 at 12:00am central US time.
  • On October 1 all chances will be tallied and entered into a randomizer app. A video will be taken, and posted of the gift recipient selections.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Miggyd87
MoT Member

Post by Miggyd87 »

Great to see this charity raffle happening!

Awesome to have sponsors like @timemachinesplus & @martu donating an awesome watch and a gift certificate for such an awesome cause!

I'm in for a donation!
Last edited by Miggyd87 on Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Thanks for doing this.

I’ll have to return soon to participate.
nyonya
MoT Member

Post by nyonya »

Donated. Thanks for organizing this and thanks to the sponsors! Good luck everyone!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I'm excited to announce that Trifecta Watches has jumped into the MoT's Be A Peach: Help End Gynecologic Cancers campaign!

They have generously donated the recipient's choice of Seiko 5 Sports GMT (SSK001, SSK003, SSK005, SSK017, SSK019, or SSK021) as well as a $100 gift card!

Anyone who has already donated will automatically receive entries, and for those who haven't, this gift package is eligible with at least a $15 donation to https://foundationforwomenscancer.org/s ... us/donate/

Formex Watch has graciously donated a canvas/leather watch roll and one of their super-cool deployant clasps that includes the slick fine adjustment feature!

This is available to anyone who donates at least $10, and of course, those who already have are automatically eligible.

Don't forget to fill out the Tribute Gift Information at the bottom of the donation page, (like the image below) and send me a screenshot of your donation confirmation via PM or email to matt@manontime.com

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I also want to take the opportunity to extend a personal THANK YOU to those who have donated thus far.

Mrs.MoT and I are both humbled by the outpouring of generosity and support for this very important cause. All of you have a special place in our hearts.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Thank you @Mot and @Psyche for making us aware of this cause.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

We are half way through the Be a Peach: Help End Gynecologic Cancers campaign and twenty-six of you have graciously joined together to raise an incredible $2,530 for the Women's Foundation for Cancer! There is still plenty of time to donate, and for as little as $10, you too can get your name in for some outstanding gifts from me as well as donated by friends of ManOnTime.com!

A huge thank you to those who've donated so far!

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I will eventually get to my computer to do this. Too dumb to remember your fields and fill it in on my phone. Tomorrow hopefully.
MP83
MoT Member

Post by MP83 »

Just donated, thanks for organizing this and thanks to the sponsors!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:23 am I will eventually get to my computer to do this. Too dumb to remember your fields and fill it in on my phone. Tomorrow hopefully.
Just as long as you put "Psyche's Hope" in the Memorial/Tribute section it's all good.

I have periodically been getting emails from FWC and they are thrilled and astonished at what we've been able to do in a short time.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

MP83 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:51 am Just donated, thanks for organizing this and thanks to the sponsors!
Thank you so much!

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Pizzajam31

Post by Pizzajam31 »

Thank you for organizing this! I donated $50 and passed it along to a few friends.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Pizzajam31 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:11 pm Thank you for organizing this! I donated $50 and passed it along to a few friends.
Thank you!

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT