PREORDER: Kickstarter: Seaborne Trading Company - The Surfer / Wavecatcher GMT Automatic Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

PREORDER: Kickstarter: Seaborne Trading Company - The Surfer / Wavecatcher GMT Automatic Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

First posted by @CVP33 here - https://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php ... 13#p129113

Our old pals Seaborne Trading Company, out of MA, have launched their first ever Kickstarter campaign for their latest collection, the Surfer - Wavecatcher GMT automatic.
The campaign is currently 50% funded

Early Bird pricing is $419
Regular pricing will be $459

Estimated delivery is May 2024

Sometimes you need a watch that takes you away. From a day at the office. A long drive to a meeting. Working from home. Sales meetings. Dealing with your customers. Waiting in line. Whatever -- you know what we mean. The Surfer -- WaveCatcher GMT by Seaborne Outfitters is just the watch. While some GMT watches let you see the time in London, Paris, or New York -- Ours lets you see the places you dream about -- Pipeline, Superbank, Maverick's or Rincon. Renowned global surf beaches, beckoning you to catch a wave, or at least dream about it where ever you are.

Our Seaborne Surfer - Wavecatcher GMT is a vacation on your wrist. Built for travelers, surfers, ocean lovers, dreamers, and those with a sense of adventure. We were inspired by classic surfboard styles of yesteryear to create one of the coolest watches on the market.

The Surfer - Wavecatcher GMT is available in three colorways - Old School, Seagrass, and Blue Lagoon

Specs:

- 38MM vintage "barrel" style case evoking a vintage style from the 70’s
- 45MM Lug-to-Lug
- 13.7MM thick
- 18MM soft silicone quick release Seaborne strap
- 200M water resistance
- 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel Case
- Automatic Seiko-TMI made NH34 GMT movement
- Sapphire Crystal AR Coated on Inside
- Sapphire bezel insert
- Exhibition Caseback with Sapphire Crystal
- Custom Red Date Wheel at "6" Position
- "Find me where the waves are" text on caseback
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Seaborne Trading Company - The Surfer / Wavecatcher GMT Automatic Collection

Post by MoT »

The lumed cities bezel is really cool.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CigarCity
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Seaborne Trading Company - The Surfer / Wavecatcher GMT Automatic Collection

Post by CigarCity »

That's cool. The locations all seem to be beachs/wave breaks. I wonder where Hyborian FL is? Maybe fictional?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

CigarCity wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:26 am That's cool. The locations all seem to be beachs/wave breaks. I wonder where Hyborian FL is? Maybe fictional?
I don't think it exists. I do know that "Hyborian Age" in Robert E. Howard's works is the fictional setting of Conan the Cimmerian (Barbarian). I wonder if it's a tongue-in-cheek, inside joke thing.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Thrax
MoT Member

Post by Thrax »

I'm loving the blue colorway, but the typeface is a total turnoff. Wish it had the applied indices from the green model. :( I would purchase in a heartbeat with that change.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

CVP33 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:17 pm I remember this one….

https://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php ... er#p129113
I'll update with the proper credit.
Slipped my mind.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

LOL not an issue. I do like this one.