MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on and accept donations to keep the lights on. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.

RIP, Cosbat Sub.

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bolster
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 pm
Location: Between Phoenix & LA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#1

Post by Bolster » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:06 am

Costco had one of the all-time best prices on a Glycine Combat Sub at $280 for (I think) 5 months. I can no longer find it on the Costco website, so...RIP, Cosbat Sub.

How many of you snagged one?

[img][/img]
Unrepentant Quartzer
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 523 times
Contact:

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#2

Post by ManOnTime » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:27 am

2kr5s9.jpg
2kr5s9.jpg (11.05 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
Bolster
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 pm
Location: Between Phoenix & LA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#3

Post by Bolster » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:52 am

LOL, Max! "Wouldja believe...?"


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unrepentant Quartzer
User avatar
Dub Rubb
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 675 times
Been liked: 257 times

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#4

Post by Dub Rubb » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:58 pm

I was at Costco last week and they had them in store. May be worth a look if you have one nearby!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

User avatar
bocbass
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#5

Post by bocbass » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:49 pm

I bought one. The strap is pretty meh, but otherwise a great watch. Perfect size.
PetrosD
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:08 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 15 times

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#6

Post by PetrosD » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 am

I bought one and really liked the overall watch but didn't bond with the Costco colorway and returned it. I then bought a preferable colorway from watchgooroo and love it. I paid about $30 more but much prefer the version I chose.
User avatar
Boourns
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:36 pm
Location: DFW, Texas
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 223 times

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#7

Post by Boourns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am

Dub Rubb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:58 pm
I was at Costco last week and they had them in store. May be worth a look if you have one nearby!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I was in a Costco (Frisco, TX) last weekend and they had at least one in stock.
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 523 times
Contact:

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#8

Post by ManOnTime » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am

How durable are modern PVD/IP coatings? I've had black coated watches in the past, and the finish basically came off if you looked at it funny, and it looked like crap. It's turned me off of black watches ever since.
Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
yinzburgher
Posts: 1495
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....mostly
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#9

Post by yinzburgher » Thu May 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Bolster wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:06 am
Costco had one of the all-time best prices on a Glycine Combat Sub at $280 for (I think) 5 months. I can no longer find it on the Costco website, so...RIP, Cosbat Sub.

How many of you snagged one?

[img][/img]
[mention]Bolster[/mention] It appears the Kirkland Signature Combat Sub is back from the dead 🧟‍♂️ and priced at $280. I also see 5 of them on ebay for $355.

https://www.costco.com/Glycine-Combat-S ... =pg:2/ct:r

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glycine-Combat ... ition=1000
User avatar
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:52 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#10

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! » Sun May 05, 2019 7:56 am

ManOnTime wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am
How durable are modern PVD/IP coatings? I've had black coated watches in the past, and the finish basically came off if you looked at it funny, and it looked like crap. It's turned me off of black watches ever since.
I've not really babied my Airman, and have been wearing it almost non-stop since getting it, so it's bumped and scraped things over time. It didn't worry me too much since I don't think a few battle scars or wear marks will be detrimental to its utilitarian aesthetic, but for all my clumsy carelessness I can't see the slightest mark on it yet. I've only had it since January though, so I guess check back with me in a few years?
watchpalooza
Posts: 1714
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 514 times

Re: RIP, Cosbat Sub.

#11

Post by watchpalooza » Sun May 05, 2019 9:36 am

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:56 am
ManOnTime wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am
How durable are modern PVD/IP coatings? I've had black coated watches in the past, and the finish basically came off if you looked at it funny, and it looked like crap. It's turned me off of black watches ever since.
I've not really babied my Airman, and have been wearing it almost non-stop since getting it, so it's bumped and scraped things over time. It didn't worry me too much since I don't think a few battle scars or wear marks will be detrimental to its utilitarian aesthetic, but for all my clumsy carelessness I can't see the slightest mark on it yet. I've only had it since January though, so I guess check back with me in a few years?
Same story here...The PVD on my Zelos Mako II is fairly bulletproof. Only had it for about a year, but have had it scrape across a nail, a slab of concrete and work on an engine...without any sign of wear. Other watches I have had for less than a year that are brushed stainless are already showing minor wear. Before this watch I was fairly wary of any coatings as I have always been disappointed by them....My opinion has been changed.
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Post Reply