MoT's Watch Deal Forum is free to join. If you want to see the best deals on watches, watch accessories and other items of interest to watch enthusiasts like you, join today! Once you are registered and logged in, you will be able to see and participate in the best deal threads online. Click here to join: Join ManOnTime's Watch Deal Forum! If you'd like to donate to show your appreciation or to help keep the lights on, click here: Donate to ManOnTime's Watch Deal Forum!

Pay it Forward

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 710 times

Pay it Forward

Post by Sporkboy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:51 am

Pay it Forward
WUS has an active Pay it forward (PIF) thread, and it has been a lot of fun. I figured we could do it better here.

The idea is that we all have watch stuff collecting dust that is too good to toss, but not valuable enough to sell. There are others on the forum that could put that stuff to a better use. The PIF Thread helps connect those with under appreciated stuff that are willing to give it to others that are in a different stage of their watch collecting journey.

All you do is list something here, offer to pay for shipping (or not, it’s your call) and send it to the first person to express interest. That person then posts something of theirs to pay forward.

You don’t have to claim something to post something and it is OK to claim something if you don’t have anything to post at the moment. The group here is exceedingly nice, so I don’t expect there to be any major problems.

Posters of items get to set any special terms (such as how shipping costs are handled and how to claim an item). Items can be anything watch related, tools, straps, watches, spare parts...

I will get things started.
——————————————-
-I will pay for shipping within CONUS, if you want something shipped internationally and are willing to pay the difference, I am OK with that.
-You can only claim one item.
-PM me to claim.
-I only get to the post office every other week, so you may need to be patient.
-Since I am sending packages, I can also send some of my GShock/springbar adapter prototypes if you like (I know I still owe some to Wolfsatz).

Two watches that were given to me that I really tried to like, but I just don’t wear them.

1. Lucien Picard Moon Phase
All stainless, sapphire crystal, Ronda 706 movement, extra links. Just installed a new o-ring since it was missing. 40mm

ImageImage
To me this is a strange watch with moonphase and a rotating bezel. It isn’t easy to read and good luck in telling the date at a glance. Still, it might be a fun mod project due to the case/crystal/movement. It could also just be a working movement for someone or because you need a moonphase in you life.

2. Skagen Dress Chronograph
Might be a ladies model. 37mm and fully functional.
ImageImage
Not my style as I am more of a rough and tumble tool watch type. The strap is comfortable once you size it.

Last edited by Sporkboy on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Has liked: 700 times
Been liked: 1756 times

Re: Pay it Forward

Post by ManOnTime » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am

Thanks for starting this. I hope to participate soon.
Contact Info:
Email: info@manontime.com
Telegram: ManOnTime
Text: 6124245149
WhatsApp: +16124245149
Follow my humble collection!
'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
Bbrou33
Has liked: 486 times
Been liked: 499 times

Post by Bbrou33 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:36 am

I have some OEM Crystals that are just sitting in my drawer. They are for:
OEM Seiko SKX007
OEM Invicta 8926
OEM Orient Ray Raven II

Possibly will have one or two more in the near future but will post them here once available. I can take pics and post once I'm home from work today but wanted to add these to the thread.
Let me know if interested! All are in great condition
Insta me: bbrou33
Wolfsatz
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Wolfsatz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Awesome thread! Hope it gets popular!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:arrow:... What time is it? :D
TheJohnP
Has liked: 1930 times
Been liked: 1076 times

Post by TheJohnP » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Let me know if anyone wants the external bezel and click spring wire (is that the right term?) that fits an Invicta 8926OB case.
Send me an PM and I can ship it out to you.

I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.
Sporkboy
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 710 times

Post by Sporkboy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Wolfsatz wrote:Awesome thread! Hope it gets popular!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope it gets popular too. I worry that we may not have the critical mass required to get things really rolling. We may also not have enough newbies that would be interested in things the mid-level types have collecting dust.

The WUS thread took a while to get going, so maybe it will just take a little time.