LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Split-Time »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm
Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:46 pm Hard to beat right there. I would really like to add one to my collection.
Split-Time wrote: I think I've decided that after I buy my Sinn in October, getting a Hamilton is next on my list. I'm ashamed I still haven't owned one.
Soon!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Best part about these is they are relatively affordable. I found mine on ebay listed for $230 but offers considered. I offered $200, which was accepted, and it was during the time last year when ebay had a 15% off everything code. If you are willing to pay $200 to $220 you can pick up one second-hand any day of the week on Reddit or WUS, and it's still a good value, IMO. https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=khaki ... st_days=31
Wow. I didn't realize they could be had for that price...let me thank you for my wife in advance :D . I bought a couple of watches last year when ebay had around 15% off. I do not have an online presence anywhere else (non-professionally, that is) so I figure that eliminates the big watch message board you referenced.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Field watch Friday? CHECK!

Animal Mother
MoT Member

Re: TLBH (The Legion of Bargain Hunters)

Post by Animal Mother »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 pm I did find I use for it since it is supposed to be so tough (not today's picture, however).
IMG_4945.jpg
Is that disaster city?
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Field Watch Friday compliant (I think, but I posted it with a beverage just in case). So glad the weekend is upon us. Gearing up for Seiko Saturday, which is perfect since I am going to Benihana tomorrow. I may take a wrist shot at the hibachi and deal with the repercussions from friends and family. They just don't understand me.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:Field Watch Friday compliant (I think, but I posted it with a beverage just in case). So glad the weekend is upon us. Gearing up for Seiko Saturday, which is perfect since I am going to Benihana tomorrow. I may take a wrist shot at the hibachi and deal with the repercussions from friends and family. They just don't understand me.

Do it during the volcano! Or while a shrimp is being tossed into your mouth!

Insta me: bbrou33
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:Do it during the volcano! Or while a shrimp is being tossed into your mouth!
Both great ideas! Especially the Volcano since everyone else will be focusing their attention on that. Great distraction.

Or maybe for the sake of the W&B thread, I will take one with a Sake bomb. Or both, who knows.

Now to decide which watch? SARB033, SARB065, or SJE073? I am leaning towards the 065 since many a c.o.c.ktail will be imbibed and they go hand in hand.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Boourns wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:57 am Okay, some new names to pitch for what this group shall be called. I will set up a poll if need be. Feel free to add your own. Here is what I came up with. Feedback appreciated.

1) LBH The Legion of Bargain Hunters

2) WBCF Watch Bargain Crime Family ( since the deals are SO good it feels like crime)

3) WDM the Watch Deal Mob

4) WBF the Watch Bargain Family

5) NBH the Nexus of Bargain Hunters

Feel free to add more suggestions. Nothing is final. . .yet.

Coalition of HUISABH Enthusiasts Always Pleasantly SeeKing Affordable Timepieces, Even Seikos

or

CHEAPSKATES
#AcronymWin
Think about swapping In persistently for Pleasantly.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Closest thing I have to a field watch.
IMG_20190628_174906.jpg
IMG_20190628_174906.jpg (168.84 KiB) Viewed 11814 times
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Closest thing I have to a field watch.
IMG_20190628_174906.jpg
Definitely fits the theme, especially on a NATO. In case you haven't figured it out, there is quite a bit of gray area regarding the rules lol.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Reusing pic from beverage thread. But I'm not compliant despite still not wearing a field watch.
Yay beer!

Do my pictures look to be poor quality?? I think Tapatalk is really messing with the quality when compressing the file

Insta me: bbrou33
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: TLBH (The Legion of Bargain Hunters)

Post by Split-Time »

Animal Mother wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:21 pm
Split-Time wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 pm I did find I use for it since it is supposed to be so tough (not today's picture, however).
IMG_4945.jpg
Is that disaster city?
Close. It is a training center where I teach occasionally. Live fires under control...but still live fires.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:23 pm Field Watch Friday compliant (I think, but I posted it with a beverage just in case). So glad the weekend is upon us. Gearing up for Seiko Saturday, which is perfect since I am going to Benihana tomorrow. I may take a wrist shot at the hibachi and deal with the repercussions from friends and family. They just don't understand me.

I sure hope it’s compliant, if you know what I mean :D . No one called me out yet.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:23 pm Field Watch Friday compliant (I think, but I posted it with a beverage just in case). So glad the weekend is upon us. Gearing up for Seiko Saturday, which is perfect since I am going to Benihana tomorrow. I may take a wrist shot at the hibachi and deal with the repercussions from friends and family. They just don't understand me.

I sure hope it’s compliant, if you know what I mean :D . No one called me out yet.
Your post is actually what got this on the wrist today! I am not an expert on what constitutes a field watch, but the glycine has enough of that look to qualify (IMO of course).

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:Reusing pic from beverage thread. But I'm not compliant despite still not wearing a field watch.
Yay beer!

Do my pictures look to be poor quality?? I think Tapatalk is really messing with the quality when compressing the file

I have noticed this since day one. I SWEAR my pictures all look better on my phone than once they go through tapatalk. No idea how to fix it either.

Also, hooray beer!

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Lorus Saturday!
By virtue of not changing my watch.